help

Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Default help

Does anyone know what those little white things Lea Day uses at the end of her pins to sandwich her quilt???
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Are they Pinmoors? http://www.pinmoor.com/ If this is it, someone here on the board suggested going to the Dollar store and getting childrens erasers and using them.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Think the y are Pinmoors.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Are they Pinmoors? http://www.pinmoor.com/ If this is it, someone here on the board suggested going to the Dollar store and getting childrens erasers and using them.
I went to the Dollar Store and got art erasers - I think there were 7 in a pkg for a dollar and cut them up in pieces. Pinmoors are expensive and for about $7 I got hundreds of them. They were realy easy to cut.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM

thanks for the help
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM

If you have Dollar Tree where you are, you can pick up the erasers, and theyalso had the hair clips that people use to hold th binding in place while sewing. They were 12/$1
Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

I too noticed the clips to hold the binding as I sew it to the back was the same as used on hair. Much cheaper too. Getting so we have to keep are eyes opened, on our toes and keep our ears open. So many trying to get their hands in our pockets.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM

someone else posted a while back about using something from the hardware store? It was a roll of "something" she found in her hubby's shop, and cut it into sections. Some kind of insulation maybe? Said it worked well. Was just thinking about that a day or so ago, and wondered what it was. Perhaps the poster will respond, or maybe someone else will remember.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
someone else posted a while back about using something from the hardware store? It was a roll of "something" she found in her hubby's shop, and cut it into sections. Some kind of insulation maybe? Said it worked well. Was just thinking about that a day or so ago, and wondered what it was. Perhaps the poster will respond, or maybe someone else will remember.
Yes, you find it in the area where they have caulk. It's a sort of foam role that fills larger gaps before you put the caulking it. I have the 1/2" size and just cut it up in pieces. About $3.97 for a 20 ft. role and it made about 400 pieces.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I too noticed the clips to hold the binding as I sew it to the back was the same as used on hair. Much cheaper too. Getting so we have to keep are eyes opened, on our toes and keep our ears open. So many trying to get their hands in our pockets.
Yes, and you can use those little pony tail holders to put on you bobbins to hold them in place and it's just like the ones they sell for it but cheaper. I get my sandpaper there which I use for sharpening my scissors and for laying my applique pieces down on when I tracing or my HST fabric and it holds it in place. The blue painters tape which I use for a lot. The Dollar Store is just great. I also hear people but foam boards there.