Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Here I sit... >

Here I sit...

Here I sit...

Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 AM

This is the third nasty cold I have had this year. My lips are so chapped they feel like they have been scoured with a Brillo pad, my nose runs like Niagra Falls, my head seems to have been filled with that blown in foam insulation, and my chest feels like it's on fire. But other than that I feel pretty good for an ol' geezer. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get up and carouse the internet (too old and too sick to carouse the bars!) with a nice hot cup of tea. Dadburnit, as a newly diagnosed diabetic I can't even have real sugar in it! As my dear, saintly mother would have said "Old age isn't for the weak."
No need for condolences, there is a bright side to all this. Since I haven't felt like going anywhere for the last few days I am getting some quilting/sewing done. Finished another Christmas stocking for my niece's 6mo old (I make them for all new additions to the family...by birth or marriage), a tree skirt for one of my sisters, a small table topper for another sister, several hand towels with Christmas appliques, and two little ornaments for...well, just because I wanted to try the technique!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 AM

So sorry you are down and out with a cold. I hope you are at least enjoying your sewing time. Sending a HUG to help you feel better real soon :lol:
Old 12-10-2010, 04:42 AM

I understand completely! My cold's been here since the day after Thanksgiving and shows no sign of letting up. Add to that the possibility of a fracture in my foot, not having the tree up yet, or the shopping done and yeah, you know it's time for Christmas. Seems to happen every year. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:39 AM

Both of you need to go to the doctor, NOW.
I could not get rid a cough, until one evening within 5 min. My chest(bronchial) started hurting and was coughing my head off.
Went to dr. next morning almost had pneumonia.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!! I had some nasty bug a few weeks back, sicker than I have been for 10 years.
Get well soon!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
bj

I know just how you feel. I've had this cold/congestion for 2 months. Now it only gets me at night. Can't sleep too well for coughing from the tickle at the back of my throat. My DH has taken up residence in the guest room and gives me dirty looks every time I cough. I don't blame him. It's been a royal pain. I feel like I'm on the mend, just not there yet. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

when i went to Houston last May i caught a cold. came home with it too. my Doctor told me to get Mucinex DM and it helped.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

I had a really bad cold in October that wouldn't go away and it was really bronchitis! Mucinex DM really does help but I had to go to the doctor for abx also. Was sick for a long time!! :(
Take care everyone!! Don't overdo- easy to say, I know.
HUGS
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Cyn

It's nice you have made the best of your poor health!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 AM
tmw

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
This is the third nasty cold I have had this year. My lips are so chapped they feel like they have been scoured with a Brillo pad, my nose runs like Niagra Falls, my head seems to have been filled with that blown in foam insulation, and my chest feels like it's on fire. But other than that I feel pretty good for an ol' geezer. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get up and carouse the internet (too old and too sick to carouse the bars!) with a nice hot cup of tea. Dadburnit, as a newly diagnosed diabetic I can't even have real sugar in it! As my dear, saintly mother would have said "Old age isn't for the weak."
No need for condolences, there is a bright side to all this. Since I haven't felt like going anywhere for the last few days I am getting some quilting/sewing done. Finished another Christmas stocking for my niece's 6mo old (I make them for all new additions to the family...by birth or marriage), a tree skirt for one of my sisters, a small table topper for another sister, several hand towels with Christmas appliques, and two little ornaments for...well, just because I wanted to try the technique!