Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hexagon template >

Hexagon template

Hexagon template

Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Banned

Those templates are likely from the 70s.
I have, or perhaps had, several when I first started quilting back then.
Good luck in your search.
Try googling "1970s quilting templates" and see what comes up. Remember to use the "...."
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 AM

I actually found it. It was in with the flying geese rulers. It says Elizabeth Anne Quilting Templates and its just like your picture, even has the date 1989 on it. Wait, there's an address, 310 Matadera Ct. Danville, CA 94526
Isn't that funny, now we expect a www.com.

Anyway, you can have it. PM me, redmadder
Old 06-09-2011, 06:21 AM

I have one just like the one you show that I got about - 30 - years ago by 'Your's Truly' - po box 80218, Atlanta, Ga 30366 - Product #9309
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 AM

I have this template.... This one can cut 1 1/2" to 5 1/2"
I thought I got this at JoAnn's but when I was in there a few days ago I didn't see this template anymore.
It is by Darlene Zimmerman - Web address on the template is..
www.ezquilt.com
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209045.jpe  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM

http://www.brandysquiltpatterns.com/acrylic.html

Scroll down a bit, thast looks like it I think?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Ouch!!! Nobody has mentioned our products. Oh yes, we have hexagons. Template Sets G & H are 1", 1.5", 2" and 3" finished size of an edge hexagons with the other pieces in the family, i.e. the 60 degree diamond, the equilateral triangle, the half hex and what I will call the ice cream cone for sake of a better phrase. If that is not enough try Set N for miniatures. It has a 0.75" hexagon and other family pieces. Still more. We have a multi sized hexagon ruler with six sizes from 2" to 4.5". There are two multi sized equilateral triangles that can be used with the multi sized hexagon ruler. And yes, there is still more. We have hexagons that are cut from the inside of a larger hexagon. That saves a little money. There is still plenty of plastic left to keep the products strong.

Our company policy has been to not seek business from the big box retailers and stay with the independent stores that have a strong knowledge of quilting and of the many features in our products. That may be why our products have not been mentioned. We have over 70 acrylic tools designed by Marti Michell who has also written an excellent book on quilts from the 60 degree family. You can see all of the products at www.frommarti.com

We hope this has been helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM

I sent you a pm redmadder
Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by sandy12010
Can anyone tell me where I can find a hexagon template like this one...I have looked everywhere and am not having any luck..My sister got it off ebay. Not sure when..But we been looking and havent been able to find another one..If anyone could please help me I would appreciate it...
thank you
sandy b

on the template it says HEXAGONS 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 inch that is all it has on template besides Made In USA
Maybe you can have one made. I am not sure where you would go to get one made but maybe at a lumber yard or somewhere that they sell plexiglass. Good Luck.
Deanna! Glass shop! They also cut plexiglass.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM

I am willing to pay a reasonable price for this template if anyone has it and is willing to part with it...Please PM me if you have one or know of where to get it...Thank you all so much for you suggestions and help in trying to find this.
thanks
sandy
Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rmichell
Ouch!!! Nobody has mentioned our products. Oh yes, we have hexagons. Template Sets G & H are 1", 1.5", 2" and 3" finished size of an edge hexagons with the other pieces in the family, i.e. the 60 degree diamond, the equilateral triangle, the half hex and what I will call the ice cream cone for sake of a better phrase. If that is not enough try Set N for miniatures. It has a 0.75" hexagon and other family pieces. Still more. We have a multi sized hexagon ruler with six sizes from 2" to 4.5". There are two multi sized equilateral triangles that can be used with the multi sized hexagon ruler. And yes, there is still more. We have hexagons that are cut from the inside of a larger hexagon. That saves a little money. There is still plenty of plastic left to keep the products strong.

Our company policy has been to not seek business from the big box retailers and stay with the independent stores that have a strong knowledge of quilting and of the many features in our products. That may be why our products have not been mentioned. We have over 70 acrylic tools designed by Marti Michell who has also written an excellent book on quilts from the 60 degree family. You can see all of the products at www.frommarti.com

We hope this has been helpful.
I was just about to suggest your site when I saw your post! I've ordered a few things from here.