Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY

Isn't it cool when that happens. :-D

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    Quote Originally Posted by blahel
    I was in my favourite material store and mentioned the quilt police, the lady standing in line next to me asked me if my name was Melita, when I said yes she said she was earthwalker from the quilting board, how was that for a suprise so we had a little chat and had to go our seperate ways, but what a lovely suprise,
    how great that you met up with each other!
    I was just wondering what your favourite material store is as I am always on the lookout for new places to stock up at...
    text traders midland just love thier 1 & 2 dollar tables and they have craft material on at $4.00 mtr at the moment, what suburb do you live in
    I live in Casuarina (near kwinana or rockingham) I havent been to a textile traders for a while so might check them out. I usually shop at Spotlight but would like to go to Midland as have seen a big quilting shop advertised but just never seem to have the time. Nice to talk to someone local!!

Cool!

It was lovely to meet "Litacats" yesterday...I had been reading the post about "have you met anyone from the board" and thought "Yeah, right, that's never going to happen" and amazingly it did!

Blahel, Textile Traders in Midland is one of the friendliest stores...staff are really lively and they have some pretty good bargains most of the time. Spotlight in Cannington is my next favourite, they seem to have a slightly more interesting range than some other stores. I haven't yet checked out the quilting store (I know the one you mean), but hope to in the next week or so, will let you know if it's worth the petrol money!

I went into the quilting store yesterday wow did they have some stuff, thay had finished quilts everwhere with the kits to buy to make your own, and quilting machines and a quilting table It brings the song to mind IF I WERE A RICH MAN, Oh I could have had some fun there I can tell you, but most of it was out of my price range, I will just have to save my pennies, I almost drooled over the machines infact when the sales person came up and asked me what I was after I did say I was just drooling over everthing. tightly packed but well laid out, everthing you could ever want under 1 roof. they do have layby if you want it and also teach different classes,

How very cool!

Blog Entries
    It's a small world, but we are a large bunch!!

We are a large bunch and getting larger. It's nice to see how many log on internationally.

How cool is that??!
    It's funny how small a world it is out there!

I met a fellow quilting board member at Quilting by the Lake where I go every summer for learning, sharing and renewal. How cool, there she was in the same class with me. We found we had a lot in common and enjoyed sewing together for three days.

Power Poster
    Wow!! What are the chances of that happening?

That is really neat! How fun!

Blog Entries
    Hi Earthwalker...yes let me know what the shop is like and thanks for the info re textile traders in Midland. I do go to spotlight in Cannington and also find that the Spotlight in Rockingham is pretty good too. Often they will have a lot of marked down fabrics where the Cannington one doesnt. Spotlight in Innaloo while a lovely store hasnt had much on clearance but I love IKEA so usually make a day of it!

Blog Entries
    I went into the quilting store yesterday wow did they have some stuff, thay had finished quilts everwhere with the kits to buy to make your own, and quilting machines and a quilting table It brings the song to mind IF I WERE A RICH MAN, Oh I could have had some fun there I can tell you, but most of it was out of my price range, I will just have to save my pennies, I almost drooled over the machines infact when the sales person came up and asked me what I was after I did say I was just drooling over everthing. tightly packed but well laid out, everthing you could ever want under 1 roof. they do have layby if you want it and also teach different classes,
    Hi Litacats, is this the quilting shop in Midland you are talking about? I am looking forward to seeing that store then as it sounds like it will be worth the trip especially with sewing machines in there as well..i just love the new Janome Horizon..but will be waiting a while to get it until it comes down in price...

yes it is the store in midland I think it would be well worth the trip, I will be in midland on wednesday, what day are you planning to go

Wonderful surprise! Very small world!

Blog Entries
    How exciting for you. This show us how small our world really is. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    That's awesome!!! What are the chances!!! Hope you get a chance to meet up again and share your ideas!

It seems that our quilting community gets smaller all the time.

Nice to be able to put a face with a name.

I have met several quilting friends from differnt sites, and it is always fun. I have a very special friend in Idaho that I met online, then got together with on a vacation trip. It really is fun, and makes it so much more personal

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh how neat. I hope you made arrangments to have lunch or something latter. God bless. Penny

Dee
    What a wonderful surprise. Couldn't have planned it better. That is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    I have met several quilting friends from differnt sites, and it is always fun. I have a very special friend in Idaho that I met online, then got together with on a vacation trip. It really is fun, and makes it so much more personal
    i was lucky enough to meet w/ a member here when we wenton a trip to fl.for my dd 50 b-day.she lives in ala.so my WONDERFUL bf stopped on our way home.daphne is a terrific person,very interesting & up-beat! we made a really "odd couple"as she is younger than my kids,is a running coach& also is a marathon runner,does all hand quilting & repairs antique quilts,[the one she was working on was from 1860!]i am 68,have fibro & arthritis,can only walk short distances,do only machine work because off med. problems.was worried that we wouldn't have anything to say after "hi"....we met & felt as if we'd known each other for years..not i min. of uncomfortable silence.had a nice lunch,she took me to her fav.lqs,picked out 4 fabs for me in 10 min that would have taken mehrs[if not DAYS]to pick out.she is absolutely wonderful !my 1st,hopefully not last,e-friend!all in all,a really great day!thanx to this board,i have a new friend!

Awesome for both of you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast