Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hi i have a kind of a wish, a suggestion, or plane right, something i hope more of you will do !!

and that is to make youtube videos of your quilting, everything from the basic an to the more advanced.
    Its only a few things i d love to see on/wuth those videos.

1) make quilting videos even with basics as the cutting and all that and patterns, and sewing it together,

2) Make them easily understandable, let us know how you do it, what you use and where to buy it, and do it slowly , and like some pll have things written during or after the video.

3) label the videos so we know who is which ones, like write,
    "cutting", how to measure, and if u have to a long one that needs splitting up please write. making a ......quilt ,part 1, part 2 etc

and 4) joing this quiltforum so you can talk more with ppl that enjoys doing the same.

Thank you for reading this.
    I wanted to ask because i have looked for many videos but no one are basic, easy labeled, mainly they are just so complicated i got tempted to stop even attempting to try quilting.

nina

I second that! haha. I would love to see a video on cutting noodles. I always seem to cut a "V" in my strip.
    Thanks!!!

http://www.quiltville.com

not really a tutorial, but you get a good basic understanding of stacking, cutting, and general organizing. follow the instructional links.

also, when you click on any of the quilt instructions she gives you basic step-by-step techniques that you can use on any quilt.

i think this might be a big help to you.

Blog Entries
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Quiltville link! I am totally HOOKED!!! She has so many patterns there that are now on my "MUST DO THIS" list, and she makes them easy enough that I may actually DO THEM!! :lol:

Thanks again!!!!

I agree! I find the videos so helpful, its what taught me to do binding.

Be sure and watch http://quilterstv.com for lots of videos on how to make quilts.

U-tube does have quilt videos...have to search :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    U-tube does have quilt videos...have to search :D
    I know but many of them are not any good for atleast beginners and i hate it when they dont label them when u have several, is like am i watchin episode 2 or 5 :shock: :shock: