Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hi Ya all >

Hi Ya all

Hi Ya all

Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Hi!!! Welcome from New York! :)
Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by CindyBee
Welcome from Louisiana. For quick gifts, the mug rugs are very cute. I'm also partial to whimsical pincushions for anyone who sews.
Welcome to the board. :)

Speaking of pincushions, last year the owner of the quilt shop here in town gave me one made out of a small canning jar. She basically took a large sized yo-yo, stuffed a little bit of stuffing into it, and slipped the canning lid into the yo-yo (the flat part, not the ring). Then she just screwed on the lid. It even came with pins inside the jar, too. Wish I knew where it was so I could show you. Can't imagine it would take all that long to make for any quilters on your Christmas list.

Last year I made take out boxes covered in fabric and stuffed them with candy. Our Wal-Mart (for some reason) doesn't carry the origami gift boxes like the other Wal-Marts do so I had to make a template and make 12 take out boxes out of tag board and shape the wire myself. If your local Wal-Mart carries them it'll be easier. You take it apart and lie it flat on top of your fabric (inside of the box facing up, wrong side of fabric facing up), trace around the box onto your fabric and add 1/4 seam allowances, cut your fabric out (make sure you get the holes for the wire), lay the opened box back on top of the fabric, fold over the seam allowances and glue them down with a line of Elmers glue (you just need to glue down the seam allowances and not the rest of the fabric and use your iron to set the glue faster), and reassemble your box and fill them with whatever candy you want. I painted the inside of my boxes with black paint before glueing on the fabric The size of box I had was small enough where I could fit it on a piece of fabric that was 1/4 yard wide. I gave them to friends and they thought they were pretty cute.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Welcome from Reading,Pa
Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM

Hi! Welcome from Ohio!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 PM

Hi, and welcome from Texas
Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

Welcome!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 PM

say, hey! from alaska .... how about place mats with napkins for quickie projects?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 AM

Welcome from sunny Florida!! How about coasters, pillows or potholders?
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 AM

Welcome from Ohio. Don't have any ideas for you.I'm not sewing gifts this yr.Did make myself a fleece scarf.It's so soft & keeps the wind away from my neck....I hate cold wind! That's as easy as it gets.

Originally Posted by SCGirl
I've been enjoying seeing the projects you have created. I've been busy making 10 minute table runners for Christmas presents. I need some more ideas for quick and easy Christmas presents.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 AM

Welcome from Mississippi!!