Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder >

HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder

HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder

Old 02-12-2024, 01:47 PM

Tried it out this afternoon. It was easy to set up (putting on the spool holder and thread holder) and screwing it down onto the plate -- small screws, easy to do.

It took me about about 10 minutes to set up how much the bobbins will fill to have full bobbins, like I like. This was easy to do as well, just loosen a screw and move a small plate by the bobbin until you get it to where you want it for how full you want your bobbins, tighten down the screw and it is set to go.

It does go fast (as you can't slow the speed any), but not in a bad way, not any faster than I would wind my bobbin on my sewing machine. To wind the bobbin - I put the thread through the eye on the tension knob, put the thread through the tension holder - clockwise, twice around and then put the thread through the hole on top of my bobbin leaving less than a couple of finger lengths (just enough to hang on to) sticking outside the hole, wound the thread around the bobbin 4 or 5 times put the bobbin on the spindle, held onto the the sticking out thread on top of the bobbin as I turned it on, then let go of the thread end. Bobbin wound and then stopped by itself when it reached how full I had the setting for. Then for the next bobbin, I just put the thread through the bobbin hole as before, wound it a few times around the bobbin, held the thread end as I started it and then let go of the thread end.

Since I kept the end of the thread through the bobbin short, it didn't tangle around the spindle, just twisted on itself and then I snipped it off when I took the bobbin off the spindle. It isn't noisy, doesn't vibrate on the table, looks well made and best of all, it works! Note: It has the screws that came with it if you want to attach it to a table top or whatever Also, not an issue for me, but you can't completely turn it off unless you unplug it. It has stop and start buttons for winding the bobbins, but not an on and off button for the machine itself.

All of my machines take metal bobbins. I have three Singer machines and a BabyLock Accomplish. it worked for all of them.

DH (a woodworker) saw me using it and said that he would make me a wooden platform for it, with a place to wind up the cord on it. A total sweetie!
Old 02-13-2024, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post

DH (a woodworker) saw me using it and said that he would make me a wooden platform for it, with a place to wind up the cord on it. A total sweetie!
I have a bobbin winder that looks exactly like this. I too like it... and my DH also made a wooden platform for mine....
Old 02-14-2024, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
I have a bobbin winder that looks exactly like this. I too like it... and my DH also made a wooden platform for mine....
Nice!
Old 02-14-2024, 04:48 AM

I've never had a bobbin winder on the machine fail. Glad you found a solution before you were without.