Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Lobby Fabric

I work for Hobby Lobby. It is a Christian based organization. This is why it is closed on Sunday and I am happy that it is. We are not a full fledged fabric store. This is why our selection is limited. We have good quality fabric, I believe. We used to get "send out" fabrics. These are fabrics that cannot be ordered. Our send out fabrics are generally seasonal. I have had no problems with any of Hobby Lobby fabrics and I have a TON of it.

Welcome to the forum. I have found the fabrics to be really nice and have no complaints. My only problem is chatting over the cutting table, the people are always so friendly.

Blog Entries
    I love Hobby Lobby, my only problem is I can just run in for 1 thing, I always come out with 10!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I always wondered why they were closed on Sunday but thought it a good thing. We all wouldn't die if stores did that!
    Of course, the economy would suffer these days.
    I love the idea of Sunday's off :)

Blog Entries
    I love Hobby Lobby!!!! I wish more retail places closed one day a week for their employees' spiritual and family health.

I also am pleased that I can find fabric with christian motifs.

There is now a Hobby Lobby in Spokane :thumbup: I did buy some fabrics there and love it. I love that whole store. Luckily I'm an hour 1/2 away so going there is a treat once in awhile.
    I couldn't work there. I'd owe them money on pay day :mrgreen:

I always find something I like in Hobby Lobby the fabric is very good. They remodled my store and it seamed like they don't have as much fabric as they use to I hope that is not a sign of them fazzing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by n2stitches
    I work for Hobby Lobby. It is a Christian based organization. This is why it is closed on Sunday and I am happy that it is. We are not a full fledged fabric store. This is why our selection is limited. We have good quality fabric, I believe. We used to get "send out" fabrics. These are fabrics that cannot be ordered. Our send out fabrics are generally seasonal. I have had no problems with any of Hobby Lobby fabrics and I have a TON of it.
    I like shopping at HL and I do enjoy the fact that it is Christian based. I like the music played in it and the Christian merchandise that can be found scattered throughout the various departments (ie Christian stamps, VBS crafts, nativity Christmas stuff (not just Santa/snowmen), Easter crosses (not just bunnies), etc.). As you mentioned, the fabric selection can be limited at times, but when I'm in there shopping, I can usually find something that works for me. I think the quality is good - not LQS quality, but it's good enough for me to use without worry.

I also love Hobby Lobby. I think it's great they are closed on Sunday. That's how it was when I was young. It was church and family dinners on Sunday. Too bad more people don't do this.

Very cool! I never knew that and I wish there was one closer. I would be giving them my business!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sjscribe
    I love Hobby Lobby!!!! I wish more retail places closed one day a week for their employees' spiritual and family health.

I also am pleased that I can find fabric with christian motifs.
    i agree! i try really hard not to go to stores on sundays but it is hard when they are open. i work for a bank that has some locations open on sunday and i think it is terrible. luckily mine isn't one of them.

I wish mine were closer to (45 min away) I always come out with a buggy full of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    There is now a Hobby Lobby in Spokane :thumbup: I did buy some fabrics there and love it. I love that whole store. Luckily I'm an hour 1/2 away so going there is a treat once in awhile.
    I have not been in there yet, but someone just gave me a gift card to use there. Maybe this week I can make it in. It's only about 25 minutes away.

Blog Entries
    i can remember when no stores were open on sundays. then that changed to opening at noon on sundays. to now when some stores are never closed. i like that HL puts their ideals first and i'm sure they haven't lost that much business by closing on sundays. i have to watch myself though, and not try to shop there on a sunday. i've pulled into their parking lot more than once and wondered where everyone was!! duh!

Blog Entries
    120 miles is too far, so I have never been there.

I think Hobby Lobby has very good fabric. I have purchased a lot of it over the years and have no complaints about the quality.

Blog Entries
    I like Hobby Lobby for the reasons listed here also. The selection of fabrics is good, and I can usually find what I am needing and in the amounts that I need/want.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by n2stitches
    I like shopping at HL and I do enjoy the fact that it is Christian based. I like the music played in it and the Christian merchandise that can be found scattered throughout the various departments (ie Christian stamps, VBS crafts, nativity Christmas stuff (not just Santa/snowmen), Easter crosses (not just bunnies), etc.). As you mentioned, the fabric selection can be limited at times, but when I'm in there shopping, I can usually find something that works for me. I think the quality is good - not LQS quality, but it's good enough for me to use without worry.

Why don't they use computerized cash registers?? Why don't they accept coupons from other stores?

robin

I have got lots of Hobby Lobby fabric and have had no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynR
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    I have not been in there yet, but someone just gave me a gift card to use there. Maybe this week I can make it in. It's only about 25 minutes away.
    Its worth the drive. Do you need help spending that gift card? :XD: I'd be a big help. I'll drive the 75 miles for that :mrgreen: Do you know where it is? If not I'll tell ya. :thumbup:

I'm old enough to remember the "blue law". No stores were allowed to be open on Sunday because of the "blue law". The blue law was lifted allowing all stores to open on Sunday. Liquor could not be sold on Sunday until after a certain hour. I didn't drink then....lol...so I don't remember the hour.

NO you wouldn't. A lot of customers say that, but it all gets old after awhile. My entire house (practically) came from Hobby Lobby, until I started working there. Every now and then, I will use a 40% off coupon to buy a quilting magazine. The Lord speaks to me. He says less is more!

I think it's great that Sunday some stores are closed. Chick-a-file (?) is closed, too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast