Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Holiday Gift Ideas >

Holiday Gift Ideas

Holiday Gift Ideas

Old 10-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

To have it out where it would remind them to use it.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:48 PM

I have been working on Eureka Fabrics - Disappearing Tote bag. They are coming out really neat! While the pattern is not free - it is not expensive. They sell it as a pattern (all you need is 3/4 of a yd and a 18" zipper) or a kit.

https://eurekafabrics.com/products/d...g-tote-bag-kit
Old 10-30-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I have been working on Eureka Fabrics - Disappearing Tote bag. They are coming out really neat! While the pattern is not free - it is not expensive. They sell it as a pattern (all you need is 3/4 of a yd and a 18" zipper) or a kit.

https://eurekafabrics.com/products/d...g-tote-bag-kit
Cute, but the pillow it turns into in only 5" x 6". What can you do with such a small pillow?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Osewme- I can't find what size Ipad case this makes. I have the larger one. Do you know?
This is not a case but it is a stand. It finishes out at 6" x 6" & you sit your iPad on it. I didn't use the dowel in it but sewed up one end & poured in poly pellets & then sewed the other end. I used mine for a while for a cell phone stand. Now I can't find it & am thinking I gave it to my co-worker along with a larger one for her kitchen recipes. You can easily make it larger if you need to.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:21 AM

Luggage tags / handle wraps

I also saw this yesterday and was thinking about making them for myself / friends who go out for coffee without a refillable mug. I figured I could keep it in the car and produce less waste by not taking the cardboard hot drink wrap. http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/bags-p...ffee-cozy-trio
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Last year I made her a great little portable toiletries carrier that can unfold and hang in a hotel bathroom. It was a "ByAnnie" pattern and worth every penny.
Love that little carrier! Might I ask where you found the pattern? The "ByAnnie" website is coming back with security warnings/blocked by my antivirus software.

Michelle
Old 11-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Thanks to this board, I just had to order the Disappearing Tote Bag kit. I get so many ideas from everyone here. Had to order the Fat Quarter Baby book. I made two quilts from it and plan on more.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
This is not a case but it is a stand. It finishes out at 6" x 6" & you sit your iPad on it. I didn't use the dowel in it but sewed up one end & poured in poly pellets & then sewed the other end. I used mine for a while for a cell phone stand. Now I can't find it & am thinking I gave it to my co-worker along with a larger one for her kitchen recipes. You can easily make it larger if you need to.
Thank you! Yes, I misspoke- I realize it's a stand. I'm going to make one. Thanks for your suggestions too!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

If you've already made "everything sewable" for "everybody" -

and you still want to make something for everyone - how about cookies? candy? quick breads (like cherry nut bread, etc.)

My Mom would make Russian Tea Cake cookies (she did not make balls - she rolled the dough into a 2 inch log and cut 3/8 inch slices and baked the dough that way) and gave each family member a dozen packaged in a zip lock bag. (We did not like to share them.)

She also made mini-loaves of cherry nut bread and passed them out.

One year she gave DH 20 frozen apple pies. His best gift *ever*! He still talks about it!

I don't know about others, but I've gotten to the age where we appreciate "consumables" - because eventually they will be gone!

Last edited by bearisgray; 11-01-2018 at 05:22 PM.