Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Holly Taylor Moda -looking for fabric name >

Holly Taylor Moda -looking for fabric name

Holly Taylor Moda -looking for fabric name

Old 10-07-2019, 10:56 AM

Default Holly Taylor Moda -looking for fabric name

Hi - I'm trying to see if any fabric shops have a yard or two of the below. They are both Holly Taylor/Moda from a few years ago and probably one of her winter lines but I don't exactly which line so it's hard for me to google this. I think both are from the same line but I'm not positive. Colors in the attachment are close but not exact. The top one is a little darker and the bottom one is green, not blueish. Does anyone happen to know which of her lines these are from?
Thanks

(I hope it's okay to include the attachment.)
Attached Thumbnails holly-taylor.jpg  
Old 10-07-2019, 12:12 PM

Might be from Town Square or Through the Winter Woods. One thing I have noticed about her lines is that the color schemes seem to work well together from year to year, unless you have to have an exact match, you may find one that still works. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Saw this in flannel on Etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/7349...search_click=1
Old 10-07-2019, 04:47 PM

there is a quilt shop in floodwood Minnesota that carries Holly Taylor....I think they always get everything she does. The name of the shop is Hingley Road Quilting. She sells a lot online and you could look and see if she maybe still has it....just do a search for the name.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:53 AM

You can also try http://www.missingfabrics.com
Old 10-08-2019, 06:06 AM

Hi and thank you for your help. I believe it may be from her Cardinal Season line. The etsy link looks close but is for a flannel from the Cardinal Reflections line and that line is based on the earlier Cardinal Season (my fabric isn't flannel). I wrote to Moda to see if they could give me a name and they thought it was Cardinal Reflections and sent me a PDF of that but as I said that's flannel and mine isn't so I wrote back and asked if they can send me the PDF for Cardinal Season. I've googled the heck out of this but am unable to find a picture or anything else. I do plan on posting on missingfabrics but wanted to have a name before I did that. I've had good luck there before.
Thanks
Old 10-08-2019, 10:55 AM
anonymous

You are right the one fabric looks like it may be from the cardinal reflections line, but I have only seen that in flannel. I can't find the other one at all. You have no doubts these are Holly Taylor fabrics??? Although they look like her style, there is just nothing in google land that matches. Here is a site that has a lot of her collections. Good luck with your search. https://www.grsfabrics.com/shop/Fabr...lly-Taylor.htm

Old 10-08-2019, 11:14 AM

Moda got back to me and said they can't find a collection by the name of "Cardinal Season" yet their PDF for Cardinal Reflections says Cardinal Season is one of their best selling lines and made it sound like the Reflections is flannel based on the Cardinal Season. If I didn't already have two pieces of fabric from the Cardinal Season line I would believe it never existed. Another possibility is that it's from the North Woods Botanical collection but I can't find anything on that one either. Maybe it's because they are both so old. It was probably 6 or 8 years ago when I bought these as a packet of 6 or so half yards bundled together at my LQS. So strange.
Attached Thumbnails moda-cardinal-1.jpg  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:20 AM
anonymous

http://www.quiltersjoy.com/FabricMod...Botanical.html I don't think the colors you are looking for.