Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Home made easy quilted? >

Home made easy quilted?

Home made easy quilted?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Last night I ordered the DVD with instructions for making an easy quilter for my home machine. My sweetie is going to make it for me. Has anyone here made this or know someone who has? Wondering if there are any tips to construction it may be better to know before we start.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 PM

I'll be watching the responses.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM

I hadn't heard of this frame kit before so I went and checked it out. Since I do use a frame and long arm, the first thing I noticed is that there is no way to hold your layers together or to hold them taut both top to bottom as well as on the sides. I would suggest that you will need to baste your layers together very closely to hold the sandwich together so you don't get shifting and puckers as you sew. Probably a basting spray would be most effective because you are not going to be able to use pins and be able to sew over them. If you had planned on pinning and then removing the pins as you quilt I think you are going to run into problems. The other thing is that it is only four feet wide which means that three feet is the widest quilt you can make on it. Okay if you only make baby quilts or table toppers. I guess though that you would have the option to just make the length twice or more as long and use two tables as opposed to just one.

Having said that, there are lots of tweaks that frame owners come up with to make their own frames work more effectively for them. I'm sure that your new frame will be no different and the more you use it the more ideas you will come up with to make it function better for you. As you can see, even the creators of the frame have made five improvements to it already.

Frame quilting opens a whole new world to quilters. I wish you the best with your new frame!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 AM

I saw the plans on line. I have a HQ frame but it is too small. Did you make your frame yet? If so what did you use for the track.
Mary in TX