Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hope this helps someone who has trouble threading needles >

Hope this helps someone who has trouble threading needles

Hope this helps someone who has trouble threading needles

Old 05-18-2022, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
When I purchased mine I recall that it works with most, but not all, needle types - something to do with the shape/size of the eye of the needle determines whether it will line up properly with the thread in this gadget. I bought the tulip threader and use tulip milliner needles and guess that's why it might work (most of the time).
That's what I thought. It works with all my needles except these small ones I use for EPP.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:25 AM

I could never get this type to work for me. Instead I turned to the the type that has a wire coming out of a small foil holder. Shown here: Silver needle threader works every time!
Old 05-20-2022, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
I could never get this type to work for me. Instead I turned to the the type that has a wire coming out of a small foil holder. Shown here: Silver needle threader works every time!
That's what I have to use on my small embroidery needles that I'm using for EPP. The larger ones work with the other type.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
While I love the Clover threader when pulling thread off a spool, the Clover threader does not work when I am tying off ends after machine quilting. So I use a silver needle threader (or similar) for that task. It lets me get both threads through the needle at the same time: loop the threads, loop through the wire, pull wire to get both threads through the eye.
Attached Thumbnails img_1274.jpeg   img_1275.jpeg   img_1276.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2022, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Interesting! I have some of those but could never figure out how to use them. Thanks!!!