Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hope this little story helps someone else from making the same mistake!

Power Poster
    I'm sure we have all done that a time or two - just drop back, punt and make adjustments. Besides, I'm sure the quilt is so lovely that your DH's friend won't want to look at the back. Just saying.

I did that with the first quilt I put on my new long arm. I just sewed a piece that matched the backing onto the bottom. I named the quilt, "A Comedy of Errors". lol

Blog Entries
    Been there, done that. Except my backing was a print and I had no more. I trimmed the quilt down, it was mine. Actually I liked it better with the smaller boarders. Now I quarter my quilt top, quarter my backing and move it several different ways making sure both fit before I pin the center.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

For crying out loud! It's the quilt BACK and backs are pieced in all sorts of ways. No one will care about it one way or the other. Find something worthwhile to fret over! froggyintexas

I'm sure it will work out great!! Plus it will give the quilt even more character

Blog Entries
    Country1 your husband knows you treasure him and his first creation; I'm sure the two of you will come up with a Super addition to the quilt back.

I'm sure that the quilt will be okay if you have to add to the backing a bit. Try placing your quilt label in the same area. Can't wait to see the pictures.

He has been really sweet and says I am making to much of it. I know I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I thank God everyday for making him just for me!.... Okay, I know not just for me, but he makes me feel that way. We have 2 girls and 1 boy all grown and we are enjoying every single day together. We don't have the best health, but boy are we lucky. We are together almost 24/7, rarely tiff, and truly enjoy doing so many things together. I know some of our friends don't understand how we do it, but we do!
    Country1
    Country 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2