Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Hot diggity! I found it!!

  1. #1
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    I have searched and searched with no luck to find my Quilt magazine Dec/Jan 2009 issue with the spiral wreath wall hanging in it... I have searched high and low and been totally unable to locate it...

    Well. I found it!! I am so happy that I can just cry!
    I also found the manual to my Brother embroidery machine that I lost months ago... like 8 months ago.

    I have been working hard to get that room organized and cleaned out... I completely destroyed it today. I think this weekend I'll work on it again since I'm planning on making another landscape quilt or two so I'll need to be able to get to the closet to get my fabric....

    My craft room is definitely not a showroom! It's more like if Sanford & Son were crafters.... okay, maybe not that bad but man it is a total disaster in there especially now that I have destroyed it even more looking for this magazine....

  2. #2
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,527
    Blog Entries
    1
    So glad you found it even though it took destroying your sewing room to find it. :lol:

    At least now you can organize things the way you want them to be.

  3. #3
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    So glad you found it even though it took destroying your sewing room to find it. :lol:

    At least now you can organize things the way you want them to be.
    Totally agree!! And thank you for the laugh. I remember Sanford & Son, so I got a good visual!! :lol:

  4. #4
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,322
    Blog Entries
    19
    Sooooo, can we see a pic of the quilt you are now going to make from that magazine? It would be nice to know what drove you to distraction trying to find the mag.

  5. #5
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,229
    Can't wait to see the quilt that you wanted to do.

  6. #6
    Super Member Jan in VA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    8,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I have searched and searched with no luck to find my Quilt magazine Dec/Jan 2009 issue with the spiral wreath wall hanging in it... I have searched high and low and been totally unable to locate it...

    Well. I found it!! I am so happy that I can just cry!
    I also found the manual to my Brother embroidery machine that I lost months ago... like 8 months ago.

    I have been working hard to get that room organized and cleaned out... I completely destroyed it today. I think this weekend I'll work on it again since I'm planning on making another landscape quilt or two so I'll need to be able to get to the closet to get my fabric....

    My craft room is definitely not a showroom! It's more like if Sanford & Son were crafters.... okay, maybe not that bad but man it is a total disaster in there especially now that I have destroyed it even more looking for this magazine....
    Great, you found it!!

    I'd say MY sewing space looks more like "Hoarders" on TLC right now, as I've been messing all day! Got to kick stuff aside to get through here. :-D

    Jan in VA

  7. #7
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    Here it is... I should have thought to post a pic of the quilt that drove me mad trying to find my magazine!

    I have already scanned the pattern template and used PosteRazor to blow it up and tile it so it is ready to go!

    I'm going to make two - one in seashells for my mother and one in traditional colors for myself.

    I have been really plugging away at my craft room to get it to the way I would like it to be. I think a few more solid days of organizing and going through stuff and I'll have it presentable... Okay... having said that, I only normally get an hour here or there to work on it so it is taking me a long time but I can see the progress and it feels good... I do wonder how many hours I set myself back today but it was so worth it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member quilter711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    47
    What a beautiful wall hanging! So glad that you found it. Please post pics after you have it done. Sometimes we have to make a mess in order to get things cleaned up. I always tell my husband it is a WIP when he looks at my messes.

    Happy Quilting,
    Quilter711

  9. #9
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Awesome I glad you found it. Now you can redecorate you sewing room. :lol:

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    1
    what a beauty, be sure to post pics of it when you get them finished..... now, what magazine was it in????? jacie

  11. #11
    Super Member justwannaquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Union, Missouri
    Posts
    1,574
    Sounds about like the adventure I took last weekend. I was searching for girl scout patches. lol I had been keeping all Kenzie's patches together in a "special" place so I wouldn't forget where they were. They got moved when we moved and they got put in an even MORE special place, again so they wouldn't get lost! I finally found them and a few other things I didn't know I had! Not before a HUGE mess was made!

    Glad you found the magazine, and the manual. Just know your not alone!

  12. #12
    Super Member marymm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,739
    I know that problem all you well How wonderful that you are getting things cleared in time to get things ready for the holiday. I love that wall hanging!

  13. #13
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,885
    Very nice wall hanging. You will enjoy it.

  14. #14
    Super Member OHSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    Here is a link for the pattern if anyone else wants to try it. I think I might take this one on.

    http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/oo...oliday-wreath/

  15. #15
    Super Member b.zang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    2,038
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm impressed you remembered you still had the magazine.
    I can't think how many times I've pulled something out and cried - wow, do I actually own this!

  16. #16
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,656
    Blog Entries
    194
    very cool, glad you found it and getting your room all organized

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jeffersonville, In
    Posts
    2,600
    My sewing room is more like Fibber McGees closet. (How many of you are old enough to remember that?)

  18. #18
    Super Member dreamboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    My sewing room is more like Fibber McGees closet. (How many of you are old enough to remember that?)
    I guess I am one of them. Since I can remember listening to them on the radio down on the farm in northwest arkansas
    when I was a kid.

  19. #19
    Super Member madamekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    7,663
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    Here is a link for the pattern if anyone else wants to try it. I think I might take this one on.

    http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/oo...oliday-wreath/
    Nice link! Thank you. I'm going back to look some more...

  20. #20
    Super Member Yarn or Fabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,392
    Oh no way... you mean after all of that searching the pattern was online??!!!??? OH.my.Gosh!

  21. #21
    Super Member denilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    1,268
    Oh geeeeeez another one for the todo list. Very pretty

  22. #22
    Super Member marymm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    Here is a link for the pattern if anyone else wants to try it. I think I might take this one on.

    http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/oo...oliday-wreath/
    Thanks for posting...it's very tempting!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.