Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hot diggity! I found it!!

I have searched and searched with no luck to find my Quilt magazine Dec/Jan 2009 issue with the spiral wreath wall hanging in it... I have searched high and low and been totally unable to locate it...

Well. I found it!! I am so happy that I can just cry!
    I also found the manual to my Brother embroidery machine that I lost months ago... like 8 months ago.

I have been working hard to get that room organized and cleaned out... I completely destroyed it today. I think this weekend I'll work on it again since I'm planning on making another landscape quilt or two so I'll need to be able to get to the closet to get my fabric....

My craft room is definitely not a showroom! It's more like if Sanford & Son were crafters.... okay, maybe not that bad but man it is a total disaster in there especially now that I have destroyed it even more looking for this magazine....

Blog Entries
    So glad you found it even though it took destroying your sewing room to find it. :lol:

At least now you can organize things the way you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    So glad you found it even though it took destroying your sewing room to find it. :lol:

At least now you can organize things the way you want them to be.
    Totally agree!! And thank you for the laugh. I remember Sanford & Son, so I got a good visual!! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Sooooo, can we see a pic of the quilt you are now going to make from that magazine? It would be nice to know what drove you to distraction trying to find the mag.

Power Poster
    Can't wait to see the quilt that you wanted to do.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I have searched and searched with no luck to find my Quilt magazine Dec/Jan 2009 issue with the spiral wreath wall hanging in it... I have searched high and low and been totally unable to locate it...

Well. I found it!! I am so happy that I can just cry!
    I also found the manual to my Brother embroidery machine that I lost months ago... like 8 months ago.

I have been working hard to get that room organized and cleaned out... I completely destroyed it today. I think this weekend I'll work on it again since I'm planning on making another landscape quilt or two so I'll need to be able to get to the closet to get my fabric....

My craft room is definitely not a showroom! It's more like if Sanford & Son were crafters.... okay, maybe not that bad but man it is a total disaster in there especially now that I have destroyed it even more looking for this magazine....
    Great, you found it!!

I'd say MY sewing space looks more like "Hoarders" on TLC right now, as I've been messing all day! Got to kick stuff aside to get through here. :-D

Jan in VA

Here it is... I should have thought to post a pic of the quilt that drove me mad trying to find my magazine!

I have already scanned the pattern template and used PosteRazor to blow it up and tile it so it is ready to go!

I'm going to make two - one in seashells for my mother and one in traditional colors for myself.

I have been really plugging away at my craft room to get it to the way I would like it to be. I think a few more solid days of organizing and going through stuff and I'll have it presentable... Okay... having said that, I only normally get an hour here or there to work on it so it is taking me a long time but I can see the progress and it feels good... I do wonder how many hours I set myself back today but it was so worth it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful wall hanging! So glad that you found it. Please post pics after you have it done. Sometimes we have to make a mess in order to get things cleaned up. I always tell my husband it is a WIP when he looks at my messes.

Happy Quilting,
    Quilter711

Blog Entries
    Awesome I glad you found it. Now you can redecorate you sewing room. :lol:

Blog Entries
    what a beauty, be sure to post pics of it when you get them finished..... now, what magazine was it in????? jacie

Sounds about like the adventure I took last weekend. I was searching for girl scout patches. lol I had been keeping all Kenzie's patches together in a "special" place so I wouldn't forget where they were. They got moved when we moved and they got put in an even MORE special place, again so they wouldn't get lost! I finally found them and a few other things I didn't know I had! Not before a HUGE mess was made!

Glad you found the magazine, and the manual. Just know your not alone!

I know that problem all you well How wonderful that you are getting things cleared in time to get things ready for the holiday. I love that wall hanging!

Very nice wall hanging. You will enjoy it.

Here is a link for the pattern if anyone else wants to try it. I think I might take this one on.

http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/oo...oliday-wreath/

Blog Entries
    I'm impressed you remembered you still had the magazine.
    I can't think how many times I've pulled something out and cried - wow, do I actually own this!

Blog Entries
    very cool, glad you found it and getting your room all organized

My sewing room is more like Fibber McGees closet. (How many of you are old enough to remember that?)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
    My sewing room is more like Fibber McGees closet. (How many of you are old enough to remember that?)
    I guess I am one of them. Since I can remember listening to them on the radio down on the farm in northwest arkansas
    when I was a kid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    Here is a link for the pattern if anyone else wants to try it. I think I might take this one on.

Nice link! Thank you. I'm going back to look some more...

Oh no way... you mean after all of that searching the pattern was online??!!!??? OH.my.Gosh!

Oh geeeeeez another one for the todo list. Very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by OHSue

Thanks for posting...it's very tempting!