Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Hot Srings

  1. #1
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    Is there anyone else here from Hot Springs, Arkansas..or close in the vicinity...sometimes need sewing buddy...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Russellville AR
    Posts
    1,945
    I'm all the way up in Russellville, but there's a wonderful Bernina shop (Hickory Hills Quilt Shop) north of town, but before Hot Springs Village. They hold classes there, you might meet some new folks to sew with!

  3. #3
    Senior Member collady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesville, Arkansas
    Posts
    853
    I live in Batesville. My quilting buddy is moving away next week. I need anew one also.

  4. #4
    Senior Member collady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesville, Arkansas
    Posts
    853
    I live in Batesville. My quilting buddy is moving away next week. I need anew one also.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lyndaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    725
    I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
    Lynda

  6. #6
    Super Member jdiane318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,456
    I love Hot Springs, we used to go there every spring break, it was scenic, had lots of things to do and very affordable for us to go and stay for the week. Love the Botanical Gardens, visiting the various lakes, and nothing like walking downtown and visiting all the little shops and restaurants. Now the kids are grown and do their own thing.

  7. #7
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I live outside of LR so I don't get to HS that often. My DD and is looking at houses in Lakeside dist. so I'll be there much more! Did you go to the quilt show at the convention center this month? I thought it was very nice.

  8. #8
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    live outside of LR so I don't get to HS that often. My DD and is looking at houses in Lakeside dist. so I'll be there much more! Did you go to the quilt show at the convention center this month? I thought it was very nice.


    No I didn't get there this time...I really enjoyed the last one I went to...
    Lakeside School is not too far from where I live...

  9. #9
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
    Lynda

    I live on the east side of Hot Springs...near Cutter Morning Star School...

  10. #10
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    I'm all the way up in Russellville, but there's a wonderful Bernina shop (Hickory Hills Quilt Shop) north of town, but before Hot Springs Village. They hold classes there, you might meet some new folks to sew with!

    Yes I have been there and really love that shop..I may try a class or 2 and see what happens...Thanks

  11. #11
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    Thanks everyone for their reply...

  12. #12
    Senior Member lyndaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by gaumy
    I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
    Lynda

    I live on the east side of Hot Springs...near Cutter Morning Star School...
    I'm 5 miles east of Glenwood, looks like about 35 miles from you. Glad to know there's a board member so close! Hope you find a buddy there in Hot Springs. Where do you shop for fabric? Haven't been to Hancock's in ages, keep saying I'm going, but the heat keeps me in. I shop online most of the time.

  13. #13
    Super Member tutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,040
    I live in Bryant! My brother's kids and grandkids all went to Cutter!

  14. #14
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by tutt
    I live in Bryant! My brother's kids and grandkids all went to Cutter!
    Would your brother's name be Richard by any chance...He lives next to me and is married to my neice..if this is the same one...

  15. #15
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndaloo
    Quote Originally Posted by gaumy
    I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
    Lynda

    I live on the east side of Hot Springs...near Cutter Morning Star School...
    I'm 5 miles east of Glenwood, looks like about 35 miles from you. Glad to know there's a board member so close! Hope you find a buddy there in Hot Springs. Where do you shop for fabric? Haven't been to Hancock's in ages, keep saying I'm going, but the heat keeps me in. I shop online most of the time.
    Wow...that is neat..I teach a sewing/quilting class at my church and we take our quilt tops to Glenwood to get them quilted...
    to "Fabric Creations"..in fact some of us are planning a trip there on Tuesday...
    Hancocks in Hot Srings is remodeling their store...putting crafts in the front of the store and fabric in the back...I don't know about that...you really can't see the register the way they have the shelves arranged...I don't think that is a good idea...

  16. #16
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    Lynda what sites do you shop from on line...
    What are you working on now...
    Do you have some pics posted on here...

  17. #17
    Super Member tutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,040
    Yes, that's my brother! Small world!

  18. #18
    Senior Member lyndaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    725
    It takes me all of 2 minutes to get to Fabric creations. Tiffany quilted 6 lap sized quilts for me a couple of months ago. I could pop in and meet you if I knew what time you'll be there!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaumy
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndaloo
    Quote Originally Posted by gaumy
    I'm about 25 miles south west of Hot Springs.
    Lynda

    I live on the east side of Hot Springs...near Cutter Morning Star School...
    I'm 5 miles east of Glenwood, looks like about 35 miles from you. Glad to know there's a board member so close! Hope you find a buddy there in Hot Springs. Where do you shop for fabric? Haven't been to Hancock's in ages, keep saying I'm going, but the heat keeps me in. I shop online most of the time.
    Wow...that is neat..I teach a sewing/quilting class at my church and we take our quilt tops to Glenwood to get them quilted...
    to "Fabric Creations"..in fact some of us are planning a trip there on Tuesday...
    Hancocks in Hot Srings is remodeling their store...putting crafts in the front of the store and fabric in the back...I don't know about that...you really can't see the register the way they have the shelves arranged...I don't think that is a good idea...

  19. #19
    Junior Member gaumy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    143
    OH MY...how funny...there is 1 house between him and me...LOL..
    I think we are going to be there around 10:00 - 10:30...
    that is about the time we are planning...hope to meet you
    then...

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hot Springs Village AR
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaumy
    Is there anyone else here from Hot Springs, Arkansas..or close in the vicinity...sometimes need sewing buddy...
    I live in HS Village. Where do you teach quilting. I am looking for someplace to learn. Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.