Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Houston Quilt Festival >

Houston Quilt Festival

Houston Quilt Festival

Old 09-29-2013, 04:30 AM

There are demos down by the food court. I think the list is in the book you get that lists quilts and venders.
There are also lectures that are about an hour long that you can pay as you go in. No advanced registration required.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:05 AM

bsquilter, thanks for that info. I guess the trick is to get the book as I arrive. I thought it would be available online and haven't been able to find it. I will quilt worrying about that right now. I know from past experiences, we will shop and look till our feet give out. Looking forward to it!
Pat
Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pat1969 View Post
I am going to Houston this year to the Quilt Festival and am so excited about it and trying to plan. I have been before several years ago. As I remember it, there are a few places with chairs facing a speaker on the show floor. It is a great place to sit and rest and you get to listen to a speaker. This is open to anyone that passes by, no registration or cost. My queston - is there a list of these speakers and subjects available so that I can plan ahead and get to listen to something interesting to me? My time is so limited that I cannot attend any of the scheduled classes or lectures. I would love to take advantage of these small events. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Pat
Pat, I was poking around on the internet this morning and found the following link: http://pokeysponderings.com/category...uilt-festival/. It lists some classes that will last about 1 hour and cost $10 each. Also, if you scroll down a little, there is a listing of the Craftsy classes that are planned and are free. I remember listening to a couple of these last year and they were located near the food area.

I am counting down the days...I will be driving down on Wednesday, October 30 and will be staying with family. My mother and I will be there on Thursday and Friday at least, but who knows...we may have to visit Saturday or Sunday (or both) as well!! Have fun!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 PM

It extremely hard to do the Houston Quilt Festival in one day. I go every year (since I live in Houston) and the last few years I've only been able to go for 2 days and it was hard to see and shop everything. This year I'm going 3 days (woohoo!) and plan to be able to really spend time looking at the quilts and exhibits.