Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Crazy Can One Get lol

Thank you ladies for all your lovely compliments. I got busy with the cleaning again lol and then finished another turkey block, all the while I am thinking.

I will use my circle cutter to cut out the place for the circle. I found a half of a fan that I will put on there too and the little circle and if I think of anything else.

I have never embroidered on a crazy quilt. So I went looking in my library. I found four books on needle work etc. Come to think of it I also have some silk ribbon embroidery. I will dig them out and post them..I will have to relearn the stitches but it won't be hard.

Love them all!!

You have got lots of great ideas and I think others on the board are steering you right. There are several people on the web with lots of crazy quilt advice. ..There are also good examples of various stitch combinations, regular embroidery and ribbon embroidery. You might get some ideas for this site: http://cqmagonline.com/. Beautiful piece already. I love crazy quilting--both the antique variety and newer styles using all the bling and techniques available today. It's a no-rules way of creating with fabric and almost anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by marymm
    You have got lots of great ideas and I think others on the board are steering you right. There are several people on the web with lots of crazy quilt advice. ..There are also good examples of various stitch combinations, regular embroidery and ribbon embroidery. You might get some ideas for this site: http://cqmagonline.com/. Beautiful piece already. I love crazy quilting--both the antique variety and newer styles using all the bling and techniques available today. It's a no-rules way of creating with fabric and almost anything else.
    Thank you Marymm, I love the spider web and intend to have one too with beads in it lol....I will look at lots of stuff and then my brain will make it happen....

Blog Entries
    Oooo I love all of the other ideas that you are talking about... this is going to be a masterpiece :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    The only thing "crazy" about it is the type of piecing. Otherwise, this is Brilliant, so beautiful.

I like it any way you do it.! I am almost thinking that scrap crazy quilts are my favorite quilts!

cant wait to see it grow--embellishment is so rewarding BUT you said you painted the bird i see lots of painted pieces butterfly dragonfly frogs in your future-- no i cant tell fortunes but can recognise talent--keep posting please

Quote Originally Posted by jemma
    cant wait to see it grow--embellishment is so rewarding BUT you said you painted the bird i see lots of painted pieces butterfly dragonfly frogs in your future-- no i cant tell fortunes but can recognise talent--keep posting please

You are physic. I do have plans for painted stuff in my quilts. Thing you can find, so they must be painted....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2