Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: How did I ever live without this?!!

That is a great idea.

I used to have something like that. It was white and red. I never could get it to work.

Blog Entries
    I've had one of those for several years.. I love that little gizmo.. Especially at night when I'm trying to thread black thread.. or when I travel in the car.. It works on almost every needle, even my tiny #12 quilting needles!

In fact I liked it so much I bought one for my DMIL, for my DD and for my DDIL!! Anyone who has to thread a needle should have one, it is worth it's weight in gold! (which might possibly be a bit of an overstatement considering the current price of gold!)

Dee
    Thanks for the tute. I got one of these last year and I was putting the needle in wrong. So thats why it didn't work. Thanks again.

Agree, I got it for my quilting needles as they are so small. unfortunately, the threader doesn't work with this size needle :(
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    I have one but the eye of the hand quilting needle I use is too small. :(

I bought one after a friend told me about it. It is worth the money. A great investment.

I had one of the red and white ones many years ago. I used it it all the time but one day it just wouldn't work. Finally my husband admited that he and my daughter were playing with it and couldn't figure out what it did. Well their playing with it broke it. Bent the wire and it don't work lol. I now have the nice one but I admit for my "sharps" I use the little wire with the plasic tab holder for them. But if I am handquilting it sometimes doesn't want to pull that waxed thread through. But I love a good needle threader

I got one too and it really worked great - great that is until it just broke down. Only lasted about 3 weeks and died. I should have known better, it was made in China.

I have one and I LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    My LQS showed me this and I had to have it. I love it!!! No more fighting to thread needles!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I have one but can't get it to work, I think it depends on the needle you are using, they don't work for all needles
    Before I send off my order: which needles did you find it would not thread? Maybe I should only try to sew with the needles it fits? thanks

Blog Entries
    My LQS showed me this and I had to have it. I love it!!! No more fighting to thread needles!
    Wish they made one for the sewing machine! I have a difficult time threading those needles even with the little "red" metal disc
    :oops:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
    Wish they made one for the sewing machine! I have a difficult time threading those needles even with the little "red" metal disc
    THey make them for the newer machines I have a e-uro pro 9110 it has one it works great ,needle up &down, auto start drops feeddogs also Dottie Bug

THe do make the for threading sewing machine needles, but they are expensive. THey have them at our local Sew & Vac store. Huggies, Fay

I have this and have ordered them for all my sewing friends but I have never found them in local stores near Springfield, Mo I can't understand why they are a life safer when you sew with small needles like we do on quilts.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I have one but can't get it to work, I think it depends on the needle you are using, they don't work for all needles
    Before I send off my order: which needles did you find it would not thread? Maybe I should only try to sew with the needles it fits? thanks
    The instructions tell you it only works with OVAL eye needles, not circular ones, not embroidery needles.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My machine has one. Push one button and it is threaded! LOVE it!!

I think it is needles with round eyes that don't thread. I love mine. It is wonderful. Just use needles with the elongated eye.

I received one as a gift from a fellow quilter and have yet to use it and I need to. Would save a lot of time threading needles.

I have one and it works about half the time. In other words, you often need to try two or three times to get the needle threaded. I can't remember which needles I've used it on, but probably sharps and betweens around size 11. It's a nifty little thing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8