Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How do i use a ruffle attachment for my janome?

How do i use a ruffle attachment for my janome?

Hi, Everyone I hope you can help me I have a janome 8200 and I want to know if there
    is any attachmen for that machine, I have called and they said I could use a standard
    Ruffle attachment, but I cant because of the way my attachments go on,there is no where,where
    I can attached it to, mine you just lower the needle and it pops right on! I want to make country
    curtains for my mom and the brother I used for this has had it! how can I make a ruffle on a janome
    thank for all your help
    Wendy
    I Love ALL kinds of CrAfTs

correction I have a 8080,I was told I could ue a gathering foot,has anyone here use this before?
    thanks

I have a Janome 6500 and I have this for my machine---------- I have not tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Distinctive-7-...0787620&sr=8-1

but if that one does not work- I think I will try this one-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tLy...eature=related

Either one of these you can call and see if they will work on your machine; just be sure to ask about the return policy. I love ruffles...........
    Last edited by tallchick; 11-08-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Lisa

Hey Lisa thank you for your reply,I have two Ruffle attachments now but I have a snap on Janome for attachments
    and the Ruffler doesn't use the snap on method and thats what I'm so confused about...how can I use it?

Thank you so much!!! I'm excited now, I watched the video on youtube and thats it, it just pops right on
    I wonder though if that first website has the pop on kind? I will have to ask because for 50 bucks thats a steal
    for all those extra feet you made my day Lisa :-)

Normanally there is also a place to unscrew the foot as well as just the pop in foot. I know on my Janome I have to use the screw part to put my walking foot on.
    Good Luck!

really. I never noticed that...I will check it out thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud23323 View Post
    Thank you so much!!! I'm excited now, I watched the video on youtube and thats it, it just pops right on
    I wonder though if that first website has the pop on kind? I will have to ask because for 50 bucks thats a steal
    for all those extra feet you made my day Lisa :-)
    You are more than welcome!!! I hope it works out for you- I bought the set on amazon cause you get more feet for a small amount- they work on my Janome and my brother I have 2 sets from them and I do love them and they are snap in.

Have fun with your ruffler and be sure to share pics when your done; can't wait to see the end results!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Lisa

Lisa is the ruffler a snap on also? it didn't look it to me...lol sorry for all this bother

Rosebud-

My distintive ruffler goes on the same way as my quilting foot; it is not a snap on foot- I just pulled out the directions for it and put it on my machine and it fits perfectly (it does come with step by step instructions. Hope this helps....
    Lisa

okay thanks,Lisa I need it to have a snap on, thank you for alllll your help!

Blog Entries
    Rosebud,

The ruffler doesn't snap on. You have to unscrew the "shaft attachment" and remove it, and then place and tighten the screw to attach the ruffler, in the same way you would do it on a machine that doesn't use snap on feet.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

charlee, I have 2 ruffle attachments I will try that~ I just thought I had to have a special ruffler b/c I have
    snap on sewing machine~ I want to thank everyone for your patients...lol