Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you celebrate a finished quilt?

How do you celebrate a finished quilt?

I work two jobs & rarely make easy quilts, so I only finish 2 or 3 a year. I learned the Hallalujah Chorus in HS chorus. I sing the entire chorus when I put that last stitch in the (usually) hand whipped binding. Then I take pictures to share my celebration with this board. What a great feeling! How do you celebrate?
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Blog Entries
    I take a photograph and then give it away, or hold it until the event, then start another one.
    D
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Sometimes I don't celebrate when I finish. Sometimes I feel a tremendous sadness. With a heavy sigh after the last stitch, I drop the quilt onto the carpet and pace around the house for a little bit, lonely for the companionship and focus it gave me.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

I start another quilt, naturally! How else? lol
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Am completing my first full quilt (after 10 years of piecing) next week. I'll tell you then. However, it might just include a sip or two of Jack on ice.

I take pics and tell everyone I know and send pics to anyone who may care, and share it on here. Then start another one.

I celebrate by getting out fabrics to start another.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Usually need to take a photo or two and post it here. So great to hear from people far and near. I always need a little "down time" before starting the next big quilt. (rest for the weary neck, shoulders, and even fingers from sewing the binding on.) I also like to give a lot of thought to the pattern, color choices, fabric selection and the person the next quilt will go to. That makes the process of starting through the last step so much more enjoyable. When I hear of those who take on a commissioned project but hate the fabric or color, I don't know how they bear to finish it.
    Mavis

I'm already thinking of the next one while I'm finishing the current one!

I go to sleep... Probably because I stayed up late trying to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    I take pics and tell everyone I know and send pics to anyone who may care, and share it on here. Then start another one.
    I also tell those who don't care. Sometimes I start more than one new project...
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Take several pictures, write out the label, update my list of the quilt details, and a dish of chocolate ice cream (if I have some in the house).
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    I take pics, upload here and on facebook and get then clean my sewing room. It is always a mess at the end of a project.

I take pictures then start on my next quilt.

Blog Entries
    It is so nice to be able to post a pic of it on here and everyone let's you know they appreciate your efforts and gives you encouragement to start another one. I love to see all of the quilts on here and everyone is so nice and helpful. So I to take a picture and post it. Thank you all for the advice and encouragement .
    Have a Blessed & Prosperous Day !
    Chris.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I walk over and stick in the washer!
    Then I go to bed, either for the night or for a nap.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Celebrate finishing a quilt? Never thought of it before. I suppose it is good for the self-image. Celebrating my own accomplishments! Yeh! This is a good idea. I usually have 3 or 4 I'm working on. So onto the next. And they usually have a deadline, no time to celebrate. But yes, this is a good idea. Give myself a pat on the back.

I think I will hang it in a prominent place in the house. Take a pic and post it here. Take a walk to loosen up the body and do some thinking. Take a break to do something I've neglected to get this done. Then ASAP go onto the next happy project. (As to UFO's, for me quilting is therapy, not a punishment. So if i'm no longer interested or don't like it, I give myself permission to discard it.)

take photo's, tuck it away until I find a home for it, sort out my sewing room, and start a new one. You must take into consideration that the act of sorting sewing room includes glasses of wine, confetti, 3 cheers for a job well done, calls and e-mails to assorted friends and family. and a well deserved nap! LOL

I'm with Mooshie, pics to my quilt buddies and my sis, maybe one on here get it ready for giving if its leaving home, clean up my sewing room and start another project!
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

Your way of celebrating is probably the exuberant I have heard. I usually just have a feeling of relief, then dismay because of the shape my sewing room is in. So I plunge in, clean it up, put everything away and then stand back and enjoy the looks of the new quilt and the room being clean. At that point I start dragging out fabric and magazines to start a new quilt.

I think a little gig is in order too

yep, clean up the work area. Sort and trim the scraps. Take pictures, and pull fabrics for the next project.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I immediately start the quilt I have been thinking about starting next while finishing it! I do clean up my areas before starting the new quilt but deal with the scraps later, all at once. I think it's more fun to have "scrap days" when I focus on cutting and sorting them into usable pieces. I get out my Go Baby and start turning things into ready-to-sew pieces, which feels really good!

Quote Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
    I also tell those who don't care. Sometimes I start more than one new project...

Me too, me too! I'd say its the test of a true non-quilting friend. If they love you enough, they'll put up with your quilting and at least attempt to oooooh and ahhhh appropriately!

I do the Happy Dance, then start my next project.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast