Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you finish sewing the binding on? >

How do you finish sewing the binding on?

How do you finish sewing the binding on?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I would cut it except if you have it measured just off then you could be in trouble, I sew and verify it fits and then cut it off, that way if I have to adjust it if I had a brain fart when I did it (and I have, I even sewed the wrong angle one day) I just pull it out and redo it.
Really good idea! I was taught the other way, but I also have brain farts! lol
Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

One day I did trim before checking and I had it wrong, we, it was well blessed before I got it fixed, I have had good luck lately doing them but my luck I would trim once again before checking to find out that I have some patching to do. The quilt has better ways of being blessed, ones that are not as hard on my nerves and pitching arm.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
yikes, I finally watched the videos that everyone had been talking about with glueing the binding, and if I ever do that to one of my quilts and take that long, kick me in the seat of the pants. I wouldn't be doing the binding if I had to do all of that. If I ever were to enter a quilt in a show, (never going to happen in the next 20 years) slight possibility. If I was doing one like Jacquemoe did on the curve I would put some thought into it, (then probably wing it anyway)

I am not trying to knock those that do it that way by no means, it just isn't for me. :shock:
I think I have to agree. I have not had a problem doing my bindings. maybe if I was going to enter it into a judged show.......