Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you finish your quilt tops? >

How do you finish your quilt tops?

How do you finish your quilt tops?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:12 AM

[quote=Ms Grace][color=darkblue]I know everyone here LOVES to make quilt tops, as do I. However, I do not like trying to get them together. :(
I've tried tying one (came out, but I prefer the quilted look), I've tried quilt-as-you-go, (easy, BUT time consuming).

Ms. Grace, it's funny, I've been on the same track of thoughts, while working on my current project. A queen size which has now turned into a super queen because I've tried the quilt as you go method (long story), but I've come to realize that I don't enjoy the sandwhiching and basting part of the quilt process as much as I like making the tops and I even enjoy hand quilting. I don't like to sit at a sewing machine for hours on end. I've tried hand basting... takes so long!, I've tried pinning.. my fingers get really sore and peel on the tips (even worse than hand basting) thought about spray basting and that would have been the perfect thing for the 2 baby quilts I just turned out. I think the next thing I will try is pricing my long arm quilter for sandwhiching and machine basting for me to hand quilt. That sound lihe the route to go!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I hope I enjoy the next quilt more than I did this one (which is NOT finished yet and it's going to be a gift for my mother n law Christmas Day) Here ya go mom.. now give it back so I can finish it! LOL