Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you... >

How do you...

How do you...

Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

I buy fabric on line when I find a clearance sale. Seems one of the thousands of online quilt shops is having one all the time. I am close to a fabric warehouse that sells to quilt shops and I can buy name brand fabric by the bolt most times for less then $3 a yard. Connecting Threads has great clearance sales ongoing all the time. It's very good fabric and good for gift quilts and inexpensive enough for charity. I rarely pay LQS prices for fabric and I don't shop at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby or buy Walmart fabric since it it over $6 a yard. I can buy it cheaper online and get better quality.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm like a lot of others, people seem to find others who quilt and the fabric comes. A whole lot of quilts are donated fabric. If it feels like you "have " to give quilts, maybe you can help others make quilts for others, like, I really like binding and finish up quilts others start. I still am helping and short on money. I do have the time since I am housebound.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm using up all my kid novelty fabric that I bought way too much of when the kiddos were smaller. Can't believe how much I have...what was I thinking!!!
Timewise I'm back at online college so I have some free time. I usually make a smaller quilt in the middle of a project that is boring me or whhen an idea gets me going. I made a peek a boo I spy a couple weeks ago..turned out cute!! Also a yellow brick road with some minky nixed in cause I saw a fabric and wheels started turning. I found some snoopy soccer fabric the other day and found a pattern for a braid border so i think I'm going to practice with those and make a kid quilt. I would say start by using what you have and mix it up!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 AM

You all have some great ideas!
I do feel I should be involved with something. Didn't know QFK supplied kits! Never thought to offer to do part of the quilt (I like to bind!!).
Thanks for the input!