Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to get more thread on your bobbin!!!

The first electronic Singer in the early 70's had the bobbin that you threaded while it was still in the machine and the machine remained threaded. It was wonderful.

Blog Entries
    My new Singer Quartet has a separate motor for winding bobbins. I can be winding a bobbin and sewing at the same time!
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    I wondered what you were talking about. I have 5 machines and not one has the elliptical thingy.

If you put more thread on the bobbin, does it work OK? I think it might be like when you put too much line on a fishing rod, you could wind up with a bird's nest of line. I wouldn't want to mess things up on my machine. (He just came back from the doctor's today, after his cleaning and checkup. LQS owner said that my "hook" was damaged, he had to replace my bobbin case, and something about the stitch regulator.) Now he runs like a charm! Yay!

I love my sidewinder. It's the greatest.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

my janome doesnt have the elliptical thingy but does have a screw place more room between the fill lever and the bobbin in order to get more thread on each...i also when winding bobbins, use 2 fingers from my other hand to actually move the winding thread up & down in order to distribute the thread more evenly...it keeps it from filling the center only which sets off the fill gauge which shuts down the process...1 more thing is i have a clear large pill bottle that i have put a hole in the bottom and keep 5 filled bobbins always ready on my extra spool spindle...when i run down those 5, its time to clean out the bobbin area & put a drop of oil on the wick...just a little schedule to help clean out the dust & lint which builds up...some fabrics and threads are worse than others at leaving deposits behind....monica in texas...

I also have a sidewinder and always have a spare bobbin loaded and ready to go. Nothing more frustrating than on the last seam when you run out of bobbin thread.

I use my side winder too.....great little invention.......why didn't I think of it!!!!

Banned
    I stopped winding my own when I found Superior Threads pre-wounds.
    They're wonderful and last forever. I pieced a twin top on one bobbin of Bottom Line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2