Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How is Hancock's of Paducah customer service?  They don't seem to respond to emails. >

How is Hancock's of Paducah customer service? They don't seem to respond to emails.

How is Hancock's of Paducah customer service? They don't seem to respond to emails.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Default How is Hancock's of Paducah customer service? They don't seem to respond to emails.

I was wondering what other quilter's experiences have been with customer service at Hancock's of Paducah. I sent an email last Thursday afternoon with all the specifics and haven't heard anything back. I resent the same email again earlier today. Just wondering if they don't actually respond to emails (used the customer service email from their website).

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-19-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: removed customer complaint verbiage
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM

I only had an issue with them once but I didn't email them, I called. I ordered DuoFuse in the package and they sent me some cut off the bolt. I ordered 5 one yard packages and they sent me 3 yards. I couldn't tell if I got DuoFuse or something comparable but I needed DuoFuse to compare that brand with something else I had. When I spoke to the nice lady, after a little polite back and forth about what I saw on the website and what I actually got, she sent me a WHOLE bolt of it! Plus I got to keep the original 3 yards! Problem is, I needed the packaging to tell me how to use it (apply steam or not, etc.)--the bolt still didn't have the usual plastic that is normally wrapped around it like the other interfacings...lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM

They have been slow answering my emails as well but overall their service is great and they have always fixed any problems I have had.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

I've have nothing but good service. They've responded quickly when there's been an issue with my order. I would try calling them instead of email (that's what I did).
Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Hancock's of Paducah is one of my favorite places for online orders. I have always gotten excellent customer service from them.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM

I have ordered online from them several times. I've never had a problem, except that it seems like it takes forever to get your order.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

I have never had any problems. I would give them a call.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Call, rather than email...you'll get someone quicker. They are very good with their customer service, but are still a bit slow when it comes to electronic communications.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Well, the answer is that they do not have good customer service. AFter my two emails to customer service were unanswered, I called today and discussed the problem. They said they have had a number of calls about the same thing--black stains on multiple areas of the fabric and bleach splatter marks (one cut has an area in the "dark" area where there was obviously a piece of twine on the fabric so that spot is light--in a curved shape). They said that this is not a defective product and is not subject to return postage reimbursement. I spoke to a supervisor and got the same answer. Even though they know quite clearly that there are black stains and very errant coloration problems, they say this is a perfectly good fabric. They offer for me to return it for a full refund but that I will have to pay postage to do so.

This is an unacceptable outcome to me. I have never been so disappointed in a company's customer service before.