Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Long Does It Take to Make a Bow Tuck? >

How Long Does It Take to Make a Bow Tuck?

How Long Does It Take to Make a Bow Tuck?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM

I have just finished my third bow tuck bag and am curious how long it takes others to make them? My first one took about 7 hours and even my last one took close to that amount of time. Maybe I am too picky and am a slow sewer??? I love them and even the whole sewing process is fun and interesting, and I feel very creative, putting fabrics together and being able to change pockets, closures, etc. I just thought my third one would go together much quicker than my first, although I did some planning and changed the size because it is actually a diaper bag for my daughter's baby shower.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM

Mine take a long time too. I don't know why, I've never been slow with other things. Maybe I'm picky too. I did another pattern, a free Phoebe bag pattern and it was much faster to complete. I think the little ties take me quite a while, I don't like to get my fingers burned by the steam iron! :oops:
Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 AM

I've made two so far and I would say they both took about 7 hours each. I do alot of quilting so that takes extra time. I'm slow, too. They are very fun to make!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 AM

I;ve made 7 so far ,lots more to make.It still takes me about 6or7 hrs.Especially when you discover that you;ve sewn the buttonloop on the wrong side of the purse,after you have the purse sewn together,adds a half hour[ask me if I;m a happy camper] Back to sewing now
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM

I haven't timed it yet. I do alot of quilting on the one's i've made. I love to make them, and the people i've gave them to just love them.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM

I've made 3 so far and I usually take a couple days to make them. I don't like to rush on things so I just take my sweet time. If it is a gift for some one I will make it special for ythat person. I use the double sided prequilted fabric when i can get it other wise will have to do my own quilting. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 11-15-2010, 01:56 PM

I can now make one in 4 hrs now. They get much faster after the 17th one you make. :-)
Old 11-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
I've made two so far and I would say they both took about 7 hours each. I do alot of quilting so that takes extra time. I'm slow, too. They are very fun to make!
I've got the pattern, but haven't made one yet.
Man, am I glad to hear somebody say they sew slow!
I thought I was the only one. I do have health problems and visual problems that get in the way, but I'm glad everybody's not running a marathon on their machines. I feel better.
BTW, I love to see all the new totes and Bow Tucks, everyone is making.
Can somebody tell me the finished size? My DD's all use smaller purses and I have wondered if they would like one.
Not sure, they aren't into the whole quilt thing, but they don't look "quilty" to me, just cute! :-D
Old 11-15-2010, 02:27 PM

I made my second one yesterday. Pretty much all afternoon so 6 hours probably.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM

My first one took 6 to 7 hours, but my last one (about #6) only took me about 4 hours with only a small amount of quilting.