Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many fabric store trips a week?

Gee, I am suppose to stay out of the fabric stores til January if I were to listen to my dh :) but I have already been there twice this week. Such good sales. Wondering if that twice a week is normal or if others are out doing me because I certainly wouldnt want that to happen :lol: So how many trips are we making each week?

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I can usually hold my visits to once a week!

I don't have time to go to LQS I am too busy buying on here and other online shops.

Gee, I try not to get that started by buying online much, fabric anyway. I have bought thread and such. I like to see it and touch it, it would be way too easy to shop too often online. Maybe I just haven't got there yet. Apparently, I need a bigger fabric budget!

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I go 1-2 weekly if I have a project going other than that I wont go unless I have something in mind to work on, its just too much temptation otherwise...maybe after the holidays are over and I have more free cash to use.

I have to drive 100 miles round trip so maybe once a month! I can't even buy thread where I live!

Blog Entries
    It all depends on the week. Once a week is the norm for me, but when there are sales to be shopped, well, it could be daily. When I have a quilt on the go, it all depends on what I need, what I want, what I think I need, what I think I want etc, etc,.
    The ladies at my local Fabricland and the one LQS that I go to are so nice to deal with that I could go in there daily just to chat.
    So basically, if I don't answer my phone - I'm fabric shopping :)

I am on a run to try and use up some of my stash- but my pieces are getting smaller and smaller (LOL). I am taking a machine quilting class at our LQS on Saturday, though, so who knows what may happen?

I've been known to hit Jo-Anns twice in one day. If I get out I manage to get them, Hobby-Lobby, and Wal-Mart (the only ones close by). I'm a remnant buyer so I can easily manage to hide my stash.

Usually only once a week. My local store is right next to a Trader Joe's and I visit there once a week or so and just have to stop in and see what's going on.

It depends on how much time I have. Sometimes I go twice in one week, other times I don't go for a month or so. I have enough stash to last several lifetimes, and I am trying to use up some of it, but of course there is always the need for one special fabric. My husband encourages me to go whenever I want!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandynavas
    I've been known to hit Jo-Anns twice in one day.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.

Maybe once in two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I have to drive 100 miles round trip so maybe once a month! I can't even buy thread where I live!
    OMG, I would have to take a trailer if I only got to a LQS once a month. I would go weekly but then I am friends with the quilt shop owner and employee so I go in for a coffee with them and usually leave with tons of fabric :)

I haven't been in a few weeks because I'm working on finishing Christmas projects, for which I already have all required materials and I *really* need to focus on them and get 'em done, because we're celebrating early.

My IL's are coming up this weekend to celebrate (MIL's quilt is finished, its MY family I'm still working on!), and I may hit up Fabricland on Monday because W&N batting is on sale for 50% off, as well as all of the Christmas fabric, which I want to get for next year!...not that I *need* it (I have enough batting for ALL of the quilts I'm planning for the next year!)...but I WILL eventually use it.

I try to limit my shopping trips to once or twice a month...at least, for shopping IN STORE...Shopping online is MUCH cheaper for me and I've done that...uh, three? times in the last month, not including one or two trips to the store. lol I really do have enough going on to last me until next Christmas, lol.

Blog Entries
    My dilemma is mine is right next door,and the owner is not only a neighbor but a friend also. So needless to say, I go every day. not to buy every time but to visit, and I have to admit most days I do get something. Yesterday I bought 3 Christmas gifts,small items but neat stuff for a quilting buddy.

I try to hold mine at once a week two with an occasional online purchase. No fabric shops around me and Walmart is limited.

according to my DH too many times!!!!!!!!!!!!

depends on how many coupons I have, our local Hancocks honors Joann's coupons and I have 6 50% off....going today on the way home.

I went so much to Hancocks in a months time, my friend that worked there said "you again" I told her be quite I was paying her salary

I make sure I don't lose any JoAnn coupon values. As long as I get there in that time frame I am okay. I have enuf fabric to last the rest of my life I think.

If I were close by I would be there every day. The LQS offers an area where people can come and just sit and work on their projects. Sure brings traffic into the shop. They have 6 large tables for us plus the coffee pot is always on, and if you do not drink coffee there is hot chocolate or apple cider. (in the summer--lemonade) There is a small piggy bank type container by the coffee etc. and donations are appreciated but not required. Most usually toss in some change and they break even for having the service available.

I live more than 2 hours drive from a fabric store too. I've been known to comb through my clothing looking for an item to cut apart and re-use the fabric when I run out!

That is my problem also. It is bad to live this far away. We ar deprived.

Our LQS about once a week for something. pins, needles, rulers, etc. But she tends to carry the fabric that she likes to quilt with, and I wind up having to go to Fresno anyway, so not so much there. But I'm in someplace at least once or twice a week. Connecting Threads, and Thousands of Bolts a lot

My nearest JoAnns is 45 miles, so that trip is not done often. Nearest quilt shop is 13 miles and I don't go there that often either. I am trying to avoid buying right now since my stash has built up very nicely. I have bought mainly from the board members which has saved me the driving 26 to 90 miles just for fabric and that's if I buy anything. So I try to keep my purchases to a minimum. I have promised myself that I can afford to close off my screened porch to make it a sewing room that cable would have to go.....and guess what.....it did. I turned it off two days ago and haven't missed it. Kids miss the cartoons (spongebob especially) but now they have to be more active and play outside or something more creative. I need the room really bad and I am planning to take that money and buy the building materials to get it moving. Sound like a good idea?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast