Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how many pairs of scissors

Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    I refuse to find them all to count, but I would guess I have easily over a dozen. I just ordered two more that are Ginghers. I have to give them a try. I've heard lots of good things about them. :)
    I have tried to count mine. Every time I do after I think I have them all counted I'll find some that I missed and then I'll buy some or some will find their way to my house so I gave up trying to do an exact count.

Blog Entries
    Let's see...I have two dressmaker shears (regular & lightweight), tailor point scissors, two embroidery scissors, and applique scissors...all Gingher. We also have countless pairs of "utility" scissors stashed around the house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    I refuse to find them all to count, but I would guess I have easily over a dozen. I just ordered two more that are Ginghers. I have to give them a try. I've heard lots of good things about them. :)
    LOVE THE GINGHER'S

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    For sewing? Probably fewer than 10, since the advent of the rotary cutter :)

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    GOsh I think you and NP3 have a scissor hoarding problem. LOL Seriously, I have a large bin in my sewing room with about 10-15 all sizes, 4-6 smaller embroidery scissors, and 15-12 rotary cutters, all sizes. I cut lots of kits use them all. I know someone on here collects them, it is in her avatar. So nice. I have never plurged on Ghinger. I want one when I grow up.

Oops, I just saw Scissorqueen above. That's the one I envy. LOL

to many to count as I cann't find them all. I have a pair of gingher embroidery sissors that have been missing for a few years, LOL. Must be with a UFO I will come across some time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    GOsh I think you and NP3 have a scissor hoarding problem. LOL Seriously, I have a large bin in my sewing room with about 10-15 all sizes, 4-6 smaller embroidery scissors, and 15-12 rotary cutters, all sizes. I cut lots of kits use them all. I know someone on here collects them, it is in her avatar. So nice. I have never plurged on Ghinger. I want one when I grow up.

Oops, I just saw Scissorqueen above. That's the one I envy. LOL
    OMGOSH~~~forgot about all my rotary cutters.
    I get to count them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    All I will admit to is ... ALOT!
    I will say ditto to your answer!!!

I have three large pair and 8-10 small ones. I worked in a hospital for years and I had a friend that worked in the emergency department. The little surgical kits they used contained a pair of small scissors that were "disposable" (and you wondered why medical costs were so outrageous?)and quite often they didn't get used. She would put the unused ones that were going to be tossed in her pocket and save them for me. Some are straight and some are curved. They are very sharp, stainless steel...and they make great sewing scissors. Now that I'm retired I may have to buy a few now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Ummmm, uhhhhhh, I don't actually know. There are somewhere around 80 to 90 pairs of scissors in this house but they're not all for sewing. I'd say at least 60 pairs are just for sewing.
    Yeah, I've been jealously eyeing your avatar.

At least 10...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    do you own for quilting / sewing.
    I have so many Ginghers of all sizes and kinds.
    Is that odd.
    I have only 3 pair of scissors and an extra long pair I got as extra with my machine that one I do not use as I already have another long pair same reason.

I have my good Ginghers for cutting fabric, two rotary cutters big & small, my leather shears for cutting fake fur & the nippers I use most for sewing just to clip threads. Used to have a good pair of pinking shears, but DH got them when I was on the phone one day & decided they should be in "his" shop...never to be seen again! "I didn't take them"..knew I should have tripped him before he got out the door with them! LOL

not odd at all....I have one pair of Ginghers....and about 10 pairs of other brand. Wish I had just stayed with the Ginghers. Aren't they the best scissors ever?!?!?!

Ginghers are very nice. I have a handful of "good" scissors and a handful of scissors for everything else. I have some scrapbooking and 2 pinking, one for leather and one for fabric, and several rotary cutters of all kinds...but I only like the one! I can never find the scissors when I need them, they hide like bunnies while I sew!

"I have my good Ginghers for cutting fabric, two rotary cutters big & small, my leather shears for cutting fake fur & the nippers I use most for sewing just to clip threads. Used to have a good pair of pinking shears, but DH got them when I was on the phone one day & decided they should be in "his" shop...never to be seen again! "I didn't take them"..knew I should have tripped him before he got out the door with them! LOL"
    (forgot to hit quote reply)

This reminds me of when my husband decided to use a pair of my ginghers to cut CARPET!!! I was so mad!!! He did buy me a new pair. That was many years ago...he never did it again. He has been gone 6 years now...I would give anything for him to wreck another pair of scissors again.

One.

You are all scary!! (Saying this just because I've only just managed to get my fabric and book buying under control and I don't want the scissor-buying door to fly open!!) :lol:

I seldom use scissors. Using my rotory cutter for cutting all fabrics. I have a pair of fiskars I cut the stabilizer from my machine embroidery. An old pair I use to trim threads when I machine embroider. I have a pair of nippers to trim threads as I piece.

Too many - but most have been used by other family members for things other than fabric. Tell them everytime they use it to clip coupons, open boxes, whatever - means I have to get a new pair cuz they wrecked my good ones.

over 35 and I can never find a pair when I need them

Now, let me see... 1-2-3-4-5-6 Hey, who has my other scissors?

I have so many pair of scissors its shameful. I also have so many of those over the neck key chain holders that I had to find a small drawer just for them. My scissors aren't expensive tho, and they aren't bigger ones. All small, they get dull fast and in the garbage they go. Shame on me.

I don't now how many I have. To count all of them, it would seem like a waste of time; time I could have been quilting.

Probaby have over 20 pairs = but I have 3 good fabric and 2 pinking shears for sewing. Plus 7 rotary cutters. My fav rotary cutter is Martelli's.

Blog Entries
    I think I have about 5, would this include crochet scissors? well include 2 to that.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast