Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: how many pairs of scissors

Well, I inherited my Mom's scissors. She had some that were her mother's. I don't use them, so they don't really count. I really only use about 4. My two favorites are Kai dressmakers and embroidery scissors. I would grab them in a fire! Just sayin...

I have 2 pairs of the Gingher shears and 3 of the little 4" scissors. My DD sews so some of them are hers. She still lives with me.

I buy more every time they're on sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    My son counted 16 pairs of scissors in my sewing room just lately and he probably didn't find them all. My excuse is that I run a lot of workshops and teach 4-H and not everybody remembers or has the right tools for the job. I've always loved to cut right from the time I was five and gave my younger sister with the almost waist length curls a very short pixie cut!
    I have never bothered to count mine, either for sewing or the rest of the house, NO ONE uses my sewing scissors, they have always been off limits. My two children knew that was a BIG NO NO when they were growing up if they bothered my sewing stuff.
    So funny, I guess I was about the same way. When I was about 3 or 4, a HS student that I loved dearly played the piano at our Church. One Sunday, she came with a new short hair cut. My hair was really long, and mother always washed and curled it on long rollers every Sat.. Well that Sunday after Church, because Jan had a new hair cut I decided I needed one too. While mother was preparing lunch, I proceeded to cut my hair, only had one side cut when she caught me. What a mess. Bad part about it, my dad was lying on the bed watching me, (I was in their bedroom,) and didn't stop me. Mother asked him why he didn't stop me this is what he told her, "Well I was going to see if she would really do it" needless to say mother was mad at both of us.

Blog Entries
    I think I only have 8 pairs. Only three large ones. The rest small or embroidery scissors. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have so many pair of scissors that I would be all day finding and counting them.. I've bought quite a few pair, (that's QUITE a few pair) plus I've been given some, and I've inherited many pair from my Mother, both of my grandmothers, and now a bunch more from my recently deceased MIL... I keep small ones in a shoe box, large ones in a basket, and then I have them in drawers, and in the cutting table, in work baskets.. all over the place!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspoohbear
    I buy more every time they're on sale.
    Gorgeous Avatar :)

Oh my, i would have to say about 8 different kinds. two of them are gingher that get hid when i am not using them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joset
    Oh my, i would have to say about 8 different kinds. two of them are gingher that get hid when i am not using them.
    I always hid mine around hubby and son...LOL

Being, I'm a dog groomer, dozens priced from a dollar to $200 each.

LOL, I told my daughter just for the fun of it when I die and they are cleaning out my stuff (poor kids) put ALL my scissors in a box. Then they will certainly know I went over the edge long before I died. I do tend to pick up scissors, fabric and quilt magazines and books if I find them at Goodwill or a tag sale. Hmmmm, hoarder???? Maybe in that area. Oh well have fun all and enjoy all your STUFF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zquilter
    LOL, I told my daughter just for the fun of it when I die and they are cleaning out my stuff (poor kids) put ALL my scissors in a box. Then they will certainly know I went over the edge long before I died. I do tend to pick up scissors, fabric and quilt magazines and books if I find them at Goodwill or a tag sale. Hmmmm, hoarder???? Maybe in that area. Oh well have fun all and enjoy all your STUFF!
    ya know the stuff in garage sales is sooooo cheap compared to the stores how can we NOT BUY THEM...LOL

can't exactly say, but when I had them sharpened the wife of the man who sharpened them wanted to know how many people owned them all.LOL
    Penny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrelpen
    can't exactly say, but when I had them sharpened the wife of the man who sharpened them wanted to know how many people owned them all.LOL
    Penny
    ROFL

that would be alot

the scissors I keep hidden in the bottom of my sewing box are Mundial. I have odds and ends of cheapie scissors for paper and wrapping paper and several small embroidery scissors, one pair that were my great grandmother's that i keep in my jewelry box.

off the top of my head I have 5 for quilting.....and a total of 14+ in the entire house and those are the ones I can locate. I'm sure we have more in school supplies and elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    I have one pair for fabrics and one small pair for trimming therads. I also have a small pair in my embroidery box. I've been using the same pair of scissors for fabrics for over 15 years and they are still perfect! They aren't Ginghers either.

I only have 3 pair, two of those are actually embroidery ones. nothing fancy here. (smile)

Not so many scissors, but gots lots of Olfas of all sizes!

I believe I had 8 until I bought a set of 3 Kai scissors at the Road to Calif. show. So now that is 11 unless I include the pair that simply disappeared one day.

Something along the lines of "More scissors than any human being should own". I don't even know. I end up loosing a pair (or pairs) and when I can't find them after so long I buy another pair and then probably as soon as I bring the new pair home I find the old pair.

Dee
    I have never counted them all.

My Mother died 6 years ago, upon going through all her things, we found over 75 pairs of scissors. All sizes and kinds. Then add what I have, and what my husband has in in shop. I would imagine that there are probably 200 pair here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Otterhound
    My Mother died 6 years ago, upon going through all her things, we found over 75 pairs of scissors. All sizes and kinds. Then add what I have, and what my husband has in in shop. I would imagine that there are probably 200 pair here.
    wow, that's a lot of scissors !!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast