Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many Pincushions does it take... >

How many Pincushions does it take...

How many Pincushions does it take...

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Now I know for sure this is a question I can answer as I just went and counted them. I have 4 decorative ones (rocking chair that the cushion lifts up to hold thimble, needle threader, bobbin of thread), 1 is a teacup on a saucer, 1 is a teapot & the 4th is a basket with a lid that stores thimble, needle threader, etc. Then I have 3 wool balls that have been tied into a permanent shape for pins, 2 of the old timey tomato looking ones with the little berry hanging off, 4 magnetic ones (2 long & 2 round), plus I just bought two more patterns that can pass for broaches to make (Berry Bunch Brouch & Kafflower). I just love pin cushions and they are ALL IN USE! That's 15 when I get the latest 2 finished. One can never have A) Too much fabric, B) Too many machines or C) Too many pincusions. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Oh, make that 17; there is one on each of the mats/scrap bags by 2 of my machines!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 PM

wow from reading the post i am amazed at how many of you have more than one pincushion, i use my magnetic one and have a little box my grandaughter made me the holds the extra one and i thought that was plenty , see there i go again learning something new!!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:29 PM

Well, I only have one - magnetic - but I certainly will go get another as soon as I can. Your idea :idea: is great.
I'm forever having to stop what I'm doing and go get my pins.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:33 PM

to josi49 -
I agree - I keep telling myself all I need is one pincushion.
So, now My mind has been changed and I will go out and get me another. I'm thinking one of the wrist ones would be good, too.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM

[quote=josi49]Now I know for sure this is a question I can answer as I just went and counted them. I have 4 decorative ones (rocking chair that the cushion lifts up to hold thimble, needle threader, bobbin of thread), 1 is a teacup on a saucer, 1 is a teapot & the 4th is a basket with a lid that stores thimble, needle threader, etc. Then I have 3 wool balls that have been tied into a permanent shape for pins, 2 of the old timey tomato looking ones with the little berry hanging off, 4 magnetic ones (2 long & 2 round), plus I just bought two more patterns that can pass for broaches to make (Berry Bunch Brouch & Kafflower). I just love pin cushions and they are ALL IN USE! That's 15 when I get the latest 2 finished. One can never have A) Too much fabric, B) Too many machines or C) Too many pincushions. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Oh, make that 17; there is one on each of the mats/scrap bags by 2 of my machines!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 PM

That little dog on your bed is simply adorable. Also can never have enough measuring tapes, my cat makes mine disappear
Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 PM

I collect them, so I'm afraid to count. Let's just say, "lots".
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 PM

One on the work table, one by the sewing machine, one by the design wall, one by the quilting frame. Plus, DH has one by his sewing machine. 5!!! ;) :thumbup:
Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 AM

I love looking at them so I always get them out of my sewing box while I'm sewing - usually have 3 while I'm sewing.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 AM

Let's see. On the ironong board, (1) at the side of three machines (4) on the side where I cut and pin (5) and one in a project bag that travels to class (6). I'd love to have another to place at my chaot in LR to catch pins as I hand sew, then I wouldn't have to stick thm in the arm and then take and place in a cushion in SR. Okay now I have to go to LQS Bye.