Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts do you keep? >

How many quilts do you keep?

How many quilts do you keep?

Old 06-17-2022, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I'm kinda surprised my 3 sons like quilts as much as they do but they all love them and always want any I wish to give. Then again they grew up with Mom quilting so I guess it makes sense. Their wives like them also. That makes me happy to know they do and will enjoy them after I'm gone. Now I'm working on getting one to all my nieces and nephews.

A real shocker- my Aunt did a painting of me and when she died my cousins gifted her paintings to family members. My middle son asked for and received the one of me. He put it in his living room! When I saw it I asked him if it's okay with Lauren and he said she loved it. Wow, do I feel honored!!!

Last edited by SusieQOH; 06-17-2022 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Claire123 View Post
Not enough. As someone who is a quilter, you'd think I'd have more quilts in my own house.

This is me too. I've been giving most of the quilts I make out as soon as I finish them.
Old 06-18-2022, 02:30 PM

Default How many quilts do you keep?

I have only have one with right now. I have given away all 18 before this one. The reason I still have it is the woman who was to receive it passed away before it was finished. You see I make these quilts for people taking a chemo treatment. So I usually have a good idea where the quilts are going to before the leave the house.
If I did have to pick a quilt it would be one I had the most fun with or the fabric reminded me of something special. Enjoy the process of elimination.