Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many for you? >
  • How many for you?

• How many for you?

Old 09-21-2017, 07:31 AM

Default How many for you?

I'm just wondering how many quilts some of us have going at one time? I have one on the frame, a new one cut out and partially sewn, one that may be a UFO, plus four applique blocks from a Kim Diehls book and more fabric and patterns lined up. None of these are for anyone in particular, just something I want to make. I'm almost sure that I'm not the only one that does this...hopefully. How many do you have going at a time?
    Old 09-21-2017, 07:36 AM
    Power Poster

Oh no, do I have to think about this? heehee
    I just finished one top, but have several others in various stages. I'm also working on a hexie at night while I watch TV or the ballgame
    That doesn't even count all the UFO's from several years ago!!!

But I'm never bored, that's for sure!
    Old 09-21-2017, 07:38 AM
    Power Poster

I am currently quilting my Cats quilt and I have 2 large quilts tops waiting to be quilted. I have a smaller top waiting to be quilted but that is put away for now. I also have a wallhanging that is perculating in a drawer, still thinking on the next step for it.
    Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 AM

I have heard the stories on here about UFOs. Since I just started quilting 4 years ago, I decided to try and avoid that. I finish each project before I start the next one except in very rare situations.

I have no UFOs. I finished a quilt last night, I've begun cutting a table runner today.
    Old 09-21-2017, 07:59 AM

I currently have 2 lap size for me that needs FMQ, 2 NICU for Quilts for Kids that need FMQ, 3 child size quilt tops that need to be sandwiched & quilted for QFK. Also, I'm doing a Mystery table runner, in progress; a mystery modern quilt (lap size) in progress and about 4 UFO that need finishing. Always something to sew!!
    Old 09-21-2017, 08:01 AM
    Power Poster

Oh, do I have to count-? I have 3 projects near my machine, several ready to be quilted on the long arm, and ufo's lurking too!
    Old 09-21-2017, 08:17 AM

As a rough guess, about 20+. I have about 4 around the machine waiting for inspiration. Two to be cut out. An applique near my bed that I am working on at night. Just an average quilter. lol

Last edited by yngldy; 09-21-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Old 09-21-2017, 08:23 AM

Two just back from the long arm quilter, need binding (I hate had sewing, so it might be awhile on these) 4 tops finished, backs either ready or almost, then off to the quilter, 8 in a container that will go with me to retreat next weekend. I sew pretty fast, so will probably make a good dent in that box. Also a Christmas quilt made by a first time quilter than needs to be "repaired" so it will lay flat and some of the seams need to be released and resewn. No telling how many UFO's.
    Old 09-21-2017, 08:24 AM
    Power Poster

it would be too depressing to count all that need finishing. but it'snot unusual to actually be working on two at once
    Old 09-21-2017, 08:30 AM

I have two that are in the "front" so to speak, that I am working on interchangeably. One is Bonnie Hunter's MQ from last year and one is a scrappy Irish chain. The next one in line is my Fall quilt, which I just bought some Fall fabric for the sashing (the blocks are all made, from a Fall block swap here on the QB.) So those three are my projects I want to finish this year.

I also want to make Bonnie Hunter's MQ that she will be starting up again in November... that will be another that will probably turn something into a UFO for a while!

I also have two basted UFOs, one is all the way from 2012! (My bad!) That is my oldest UFO. Well, unless I count the half quilted quilt my sister gave up on and passed onto me-- she stopped working on it in something like 2010.

These are all that I'm owning up to for the time being. If I was brave enough, I might count how many UFOs in total. I admire those of you that religiously finish one quilt before starting the next!