Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much fabric do you really have??? >

How much fabric do you really have???

How much fabric do you really have???

Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 AM

I just love pretty fabric and no matter how much I have, if I see another that strikes my fancy I will buy it. I need at least another hundred years to work up all I have.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned

I have about what you have and with the current fabric market they it is , I am glad. There is some High-end names printing fabric that I would not buy...much like the walmart/joanns/hancocks fabrics...THIN...I am glad I have the stash I have along with the 30 queen size "kits" I have already put together!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 AM

For those of you who like to buy kits, where do you get them? I love kits and have several from keepsake quilting and connecting threads. Any other wonderful sources for kits I am missing?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sheepla
For those of you who like to buy kits, where do you get them? I love kits and have several from keepsake quilting and connecting threads. Any other wonderful sources for kits I am missing?
I sell a few
Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Too much but yet not enough.......
Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
Too much but yet not enough.......
aint that the truth....in doing a recent swap of blocks, I discovered that though I love blue, I apparently only love BATIKS in blue, all my other fabrics were greens, reds, oranges, everything but blues....so I had to go shopping....sigh... :lol:

Too much stuff makes me paralysed. Can't deal with it. Just go out and get what I want and ignore what I already have. Guess that's what makes an enormous stash.

I have a small cabinet and a couple of totes with fabric in it. Sounds like you will have lots to choose from when you have time to sew.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 AM

Nana Jan - love your avatar. I have a bunch of fabric too & recently pulled all I could out of stash of cotton fabric for fire victim quilts and then put stuff right back in those shelves so you can't really tell where I pulled it from (LOL). I don't have or didn't have nearly as much as some have but I recently bought a little over 110 yards for backing for quilts for fire victims. I only paid $2 at a LQS for fabric the lady who bought this store was clearing out for new material & what a blessing it was to us! I don't have kits (nor have I purchased kits) but do have material set aside for 3 personal quilts I have commited to, plus my Christmas fabric that I gather at the end of each year so I have my choice of fabric to make Christmas stockings.... It's wonderful to hear that we all "enjoy" our fabric.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scraphq
Too much stuff makes me paralysed. Can't deal with it. Just go out and get what I want and ignore what I already have. Guess that's what makes an enormous stash.
yep feel the same way at times..but NO more...it am going to organize that stash once and for all this summer...I NEED to get back on track with my sewing..designing..creating....

see what I mean??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177398[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177392.jpe