Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How thick are the AccuQuilt Go dies? >

How thick are the AccuQuilt Go dies?

How thick are the AccuQuilt Go dies?

Old 07-25-2015, 11:21 AM

Default How thick are the AccuQuilt Go dies?

I need a favor from one of you QBers who has an AccuQuilt Go die handy. I'm redoing my quilt studio and all my dies are packed away (along with everything else having to do with quilting!). I'm having a wooden rack for my dies made and I need to know the thickness of the die. It doesn't matter which one, as long as it's for the AccuQuilt Go or Go Baby.

I would appreciate the help so much. The rack is going to be similar to a wooden ruler rack but the slots will be wider and deeper for dies.

I've already tried the AccuQuilt site and Google with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-25-2015, 02:09 PM

Lynda - mine measure a little over 1/2" - I measured both strip dies and smaller dies. Hope this helps. Marcia
Old 07-25-2015, 04:24 PM

It does help - thanks so much!
Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM

What a great idea for storing dies. Please show us pictures of the finished rack. I'm sure I'm not the only one that could use a better method to store them.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:19 PM

Thanks for asking, Betty. I got the finished rack and it isn't going to work. The slots were not wide enough or deep enough to hold up the dies, and they had made them going in the opposite direction of how a ruler rack goes. When you put the long dies in they would only have an 8" slot, and that isn't enough to hold them securely. I asked if they could try again with my modifications and they didn't have the proper tools to do it the way I wanted it, so they refunded my money.

I'm really disappointed and I'm going to ask our finish carpenter if he can think of a good way to make a rack. If he can make the slots wider I could probably use it for the smaller dies. I'll post here if that happens.

Another idea I had was to use a plate holder that some cabinet makers make, but as it turns out I'm going with free standing sewing cabinets and not wall mounted cabinets so that's not an option. It seems like it would be perfect if you were putting cabinets in. The free standing cabinets have the advantage of being on wheels, so if I don't like my initial set up for the room I can change it around.

How are you storing yours now?

Lynda