Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Would I Make 35 FQs? >

How Would I Make 35 FQs?

How Would I Make 35 FQs?

Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions of buying it one month at a time. I was horrified at the thought of buying nine years of fabric. I've never bought that much before! I'll go through my stash, which isn't that big, and see what I have for the first one or two months, and look at my varieties.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM

I also did the Craftsy BOM and I finished all the blocks - just need to quilt & bind. I used a lot of scraps and probably didn't have all the variety that Amy had but I like it anyhow. Definitely don't cut fat quarters out of your yardage, just follow her directions and cut as you go. My recommendation would be to definitely choose a background fabric, as you use some in most every block, then use your stash & fill in with a fat quarter when you need some variety. Also go to Craftsy and click on projects to see the variations that people did - this might help when choosing from your stash or making purchases. Have fun, I loved it and learned so much.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 PM

You might want to check around and see if there are any fat quarter bundles on sale. This would be a great way to get the variety but still have the 'look good' factor. *** I have been able to find FQ sets on different websites for pretty great prices. Last year I was able to pick up a FQ set of Civil War prints that turned out to be less than 80 cents per. And I liked having the variety of prints but the coordination that the set has. Just an idea.

*** Sorry new med fog. Brain is not using all cylinders. I think it took off for the holidays. lol