Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HST method

I've found that if I heavily starch the squares after the sides are sewn together, I don't have a problem with the bias edges. I buy the liquid starch and mix it half and half with water and put it in a spray bottle. I now love HSTs!

ontheriver, the method you have discribed would then give you HTSs with the edges on the cross of the fabric, which will have the tendancy to stretch when sewing unless of course you are prepared to starch the diggens out of it before you start. I usually use a square about 3/4" more than the size I want, put two pieces rsf and stitch 1/4" either side of a marked diagonal, then cut on the marked diagonal and trim to size, this method only gives you two hts but it puts your outer edge on the straight grain.

Blog Entries
    I heard that you can take your triangulations disk to Office Depot and they will print out what you need.. I don't think they charge more than copy price..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2