Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna longarm viking platinum 16 LED Blinking Help please >

Husqvarna longarm viking platinum 16 LED Blinking Help please

Husqvarna longarm viking platinum 16 LED Blinking Help please

Old 01-29-2020, 08:24 PM

Default Husqvarna longarm viking platinum 16 LED Blinking Help please

Hi, My longarm led lights above the needle started blinking randomly like Christmas light and its driving me crazy. I called the company and was referred to a dealer he said for sure its the led going out $180 for light $280 for labor. Then I called meissners and he said led lights rarely go out and its maybe the connection...anyways he said the light are $100 from the factory not $180 .....Has anyone had blinging LED lights on this machine before? Is there a "how to" video so I can save $ and just buy the part and do it myself? Thank you! Jackie
Old 01-29-2020, 08:29 PM

Do you have to have it? Can you remove it and then put in one of those strips or buy one that sticks on the machine? My sister gave me a light that sticks on the machine and the light twists to where you need it. Like a tiny little desk lamp.

Have you checked on line? If you have the bulb number you may be able to order one. I was able to order an LED bulb for my Janome MC6600P. I wanted to replace the regular bulb and put in the LED for the brightness. It took a bit of investigating but I found it.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 01-29-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:37 PM

That would work but I need to sell the longarm. I've used it 1.5 hr the last 2 years because I'm working 60 hr week ...no time to finish any of my quilts. ...that so wrong! ugg
Old 01-30-2020, 08:04 PM

Thank you
No luck, I was hoping someone on this forum has the same machine and could advise. I actually keep going back and forth on selling it...its a pretty amazing longarm. I bought all the fun rulers for it too...I just need more time off.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:31 PM

I can't find a schematic for your machine, but a lot (almost all) of these components are plug in type now, where the older ones used to be soldered in. I would get a part number for the light component, then look it up and find a pic. If it's plug in, you can easily remove the old part and just plug in the new part. first, though... I would also take the face plate off of the machine and check to see that the plugs are all seated properly, sometimes they can be vibrate just loose enough to trigger a malfunction. If you can't find a pic, post the part number and I can try and find it for you.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 AM

In addition to the helpful hints already given, maybe if you know someone who is electrically oriented they could come take a look? After all, it's electric/light related?
Old 05-17-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie3 View Post
Thank you
No luck, I was hoping someone on this forum has the same machine and could advise. I actually keep going back and forth on selling it...its a pretty amazing longarm. I bought all the fun rulers for it too...I just need more time off.
not sure if it helps, but I’ve been told it’s the same body as the HQ Sweet 16, maybe you can find the part number for its LED light/instructions on how to change it?

I am looking at buying a Platinum 16, but didn’t know if it would work with rulers. Did you have to change out the foot for a ruler foot (I read elsewhere the foot can’t be changed?)

Old 01-06-2021, 06:10 AM

Red face

I have one of these machines, purchased it last fall and love it. Call sewingmachinesplus.com the have technicians who will help you to change the bulbs or find the problem. I purchased my machine at a local quilting store and they have not been very helpful when I've had issues, which are minor - like adding a ruler foot or glide foot - HQ makes them and also makes a conversion kit which I purchased for my machine from sewingmachinesplus - they guided me thru installing and now I can use any of the HQ feet on my machine. Handi Quilter (HQ) actually makes this machine for Husqvarna so the HQ parts work. When I asked my local shop where I purchased it about changing feet they told me I couldn't - I called Husqvaran and they also said I couldn't. SewingMachinesPlus said I could and they assisted - there are youTube videos as well as how install the conversion kit so you can use the other feet. I have only had it a short while so no issues with the light but they may be able to help again their customer services and technicians have been awesome. Good luck.

The foot that comes on the machine is like a ruler foot but not as tall so really doesn't work well with rulers - the HQ Sure Foot is a ruler foot and it works great now that I have put the conversion kit on my machine. This conversion kit allows me to use any of the HQ feet - just ordered a glide foot but haven't received it yet.

Here is a link to a page that tells you how to change the light ring https://rhondabracey.com/2012/11/19/...sweet-sixteen/

Last edited by mwky; 01-06-2021 at 06:16 AM.