Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna Sapphire 875

I was wondering if anyone owns or has used a Husqvarna Sapphire 875? I'd like to know some of the pros and cons about this machine.

I've started my "sewing machine fund" and am just gathering some info on different machines.

My first impulse was to save for the Janome Horizon, but now I'm thinking maybe the Husqvarnas would be a good choice...

Thanks! :D

I have the Sapphire 835 and I love it. I can't compare it to any other machines though since my last one was a 20 year old Singer that I got new... 20 years ago.

I don't quilt with it, just piecing really, and it's great for what I use it for. I like the needle threader and the 1/4" setting. My piecing has really improved since I got it a couple of years ago.

Test them both out. That is a must. I thought I wanted the Horizon but after testing it out I changed my mind but that is me personally. Test a lot of them it will help with your decision making.

I have the Sapphire 875 and I just love it. There are so many nice features. The needle threader, the auto cut, the 1/4 inch setting, the needle up/needle down feature, the bobbin just about empty feature, I could go on and on. I have no cons and I have had my machine for over a year already.

Blog Entries
    I can't say about other machines,but i have 2 Husqarna newer one is The SE the older one is The # 1 + it's about 13 years old and has never been in shop for repair. I love both of them.

Blog Entries
    Have you checked on patternreview.com? They have reader reviews on sewing machines and sergers too.

I have a Husqvarna/Viking 875Q - I love it - it is my first computerized machine - I was afraid to get one because I was afraid I wouldn't know how to use it - Well now I love it - and I didn't take the classes but I have figured it out really well. It has the tension that adjusts automatically - the scissors function and tons of other stuff. I recommend it.

Blog Entries
    I have the viking 1100 old machine but it still sews like a dream.

Don't know about the Sapphire 875 I have the Janome Horizon and I love it. Has built in walking foot that works beautifully and the machine is so quiet. It is a wonderful machine.

I had the viking 1100 it is a work horse.

I have the Sapphire 870 and I love it.I have never had to play with the tension and you never have to oil a husqvarna either.

Blog Entries
    I have an 875Q and I love it, it's a fabulous machine, has so many great features, the thread cutter is so great to have, you never have to unthread your needle to wind a bobbin, auto tension, a walking foot that has attachments that clip on for 1/4" seams, stitch in the ditch and embroidery stitches. I recommend it highly. No negatives to report

I have Husquvarna D1 and love it.

Blog Entries
    I do have the 875... all pros and no cons !!! ok.... maybe an even bigger neck..but no matter what machine we buy, I think we always wish for a bigger neck :!: It is very easy to use - I love the needle threader and thread cutter... I bought the quarter inch foot with the guide and my seams are so much better... good luck :!:

I'm glad to hear all the pros. I have been thinking of buying a Saphire 875. I tried it at the shop and loved the features. :)

I have one and I really do not like it. I am shopping for a replacement and I am sending the Sapphire to my sister as her 15.00 yard sale machine has gone to the graveyard.

I am glad to hear all the good things about the Sapphire 875. I too am saving my money to buy a new machine and finally decided on this one.

I would be interested to hear why you don't the sapphire 875.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Babs194068
    Don't know about the Sapphire 875 I have the Janome Horizon and I love it. Has built in walking foot that works beautifully and the machine is so quiet. It is a wonderful machine.
    I have to second this one. The Horizon is a great machine.

I have the 870 and love it. It does everything just right

Thanks ladies for all of the input. When I get closer to having the necessary funds I plan on trying out both machines before making a decision.

It just seems to me that more people had the Horizon and/or other Janome models, but not so much the Husqvarna.

Thanks again for the feedback! :mrgreen:

I've had the 870 for a year and love it! Easy to do FMQ with and sews and accurate 1/4" seam.

I currently have a Viking 1+ which is a workhorse, so I looked at the 875Q. I love the wind bobbin through the needle function and the sewing advisor.

But I also tried the Janome Horizon 7700. I really liked the feel of the Horizon. It just felt more stable and substantial. I really liked the dual feed and the quick adjustment to the single hole plate.

If I were purchasing a new machine of that type, I'd select the Horizon. I've decided to get a combo sewing/embroidery machine instead.

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    I have a Sapphire 830 that I bought about 3 years ago, and I love it!!!!!!!!!! Only "con" is that I should have bought the 870 (875's early version) as it has the bobbin "alert" for low bobbin-
    Think about that every time I finish a seam only to find out the bobbin ended a quarter of the way through!!!!!!!!!! :? :?

Still, wouldn't trade mine EVER! Although I have Janome, Singer and Baby Lock also, this is workhorse that I use 99% of time!

Enjoy!!!

I have Vikings - the smaller ones a 300 and a 250 - and the walking foot cost $125.00. You cannot use a generic - I tried. Something to keep in mind if you plan to machine quilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast