Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am embarassed.....

:oops:

OMG - I have been threading my machine wrong since the day I picked it up. On top of that I wasn't inserting the bobbin correctly. I called the dealer where I bought the machine and they went step by step with me. I am so happy that it sews like a dream now and so I am passing this on to anyone else who may make the same mistake. I feel like a boob but I am happy that my machine works great.
    BTW, my sewing machine is Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q. Now I am sew happy..... :D

Blog Entries
    Happens more then you know :oops: LOL

I have a Brother that the thread comes off the spool from the front as opposed to the back :roll: Guess how long it took me to figure that out :shock: LOL

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Don't feel bad...I went around and around with the store where I bought my machine. They kept checking it out and telling me it was fine, but when I would bring it home (and re-thread it) it wouldn't work any more. I was pulling my hair out. One day I took it down and talked to the service person. He asked me to sit down and show him everything I did. It was then we figured out what I was doing wrong.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

JJs
    Banned
    when all else fails - read the instructions??
    LOL

OMG....I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has embarrassed myself more than once with something so simple.....LOL

Power Poster
    Glad you finally got it figured out :)

How about this:

One night I sat down to my sewing machine, and hmmm,, it wasn't working. It would put holes in the fabric but no thread. I just knew I threaded it right and even checked it.

I go on for about 5 minutes and can't figure it out.Finally, I did. It wasnt' threaded through the needle! I had it pulled down under the presser foot, but not through the needle hole, LOL. OMG, I was so embarrassed, even though no one seen me!

That was one of the dumbest things I ever done! LOL!

Stephanib123.....LOL :)

Don't feel bad. I broke out a vintage Singer about a week ago and after cleaning, oiling, changing the needle, etc. the old girl wouldn't work. After turning the needle three times she finally started sewing like a dream. I knew that years ago when I put her away she sewed beautifully..... I guess I should have paid more attention when I took out the old needle.

HI Otis,
    You have a wonderful machine And I am so glad to hear it is sewing so wonderful for you as they all do. I would love to have that machine, but I already have 4 Vikings. I have had 7 of them and still have 4. You will LOVE it the more you sew on it. Just make sure you hear that little snap or click when threading it... you will do fine...
    ConnieF

I sewed on my Kenmore Elite for nearly 20 years before I realized that I had been inserting the bobbin in with the thread going in the wrong direction. It had it's little glitches but I figured it was just one of those things and for the most part it sewed great. DUH!!!!!!

With the old Coats and Clark thread, with those darn slits cut in the top to hold the thread tales, I always put my top spool on so the thread comes from the back vs. the front, that way the thread never got caught in the slit. Never had a problem.

I have had a few missteps with my Pfaff when I got it. Thank goodness those ladies at the shop are so nice and patient.

You are not alone....

I always read instructions and follow the example in the manual. I do have to refer to it several times until I get it memorized.

Oh....your not alone!! But have to make errors, sew we can be Happy when something works !! :)

Your diffinatly not alone!

I bought an 875 Sapphire several months ago. I also have a 545 Lily - I love both the machines. When I was looking for the Sapphire I knew I wanted to stay with Viking; when I got the machine home and out of the box - it took awhile to figure out how to lower the pressure foot! New technology!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tis

OMG - I have been threading my machine wrong since the day I picked it up. On top of that I wasn't inserting the bobbin correctly. I called the dealer where I bought the machine and they went step by step with me. I am so happy that it sews like a dream now and so I am passing this on to anyone else who may make the same mistake. I feel like a boob but I am happy that my machine works great.
    BTW, my sewing machine is Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q. Now I am sew happy..... :D

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis

I did the same thing and at my machine quilting class my teacher set me right but it was working fine the other way too. Go figure!

I was putting my bobbin thread in so it was turning the wrong way for quite some time after I got my Pfaff. Learned in a quilting class that I was doing it wrong. I was so embarrassed. Thanks for sharing, everyone. Even though that happened about 4 years ago, I was still feeling a little humiliated.

A lot of the old old singers thread from the outside to the inside. My treadle needle flat side is to the left. If you have problems on a new or unused machine, start with the thread, then the needle, then the bobbin....enventually you will get it right. Of course, it certainly makes it easier if you have the manual and decide to read it. (most men don't find this necessary..including my husband in spads.

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I sewed on my Kenmore Elite for nearly 20 years before I realized that I had been inserting the bobbin in with the thread going in the wrong direction. It had it's little glitches but I figured it was just one of those things and for the most part it sewed great. DUH!!!!!!

With the old Coats and Clark thread, with those darn slits cut in the top to hold the thread tales, I always put my top spool on so the thread comes from the back vs. the front, that way the thread never got caught in the slit. Never had a problem.
    It took me years to figure that one out, boy does it work better that way, no more snags.

MNM

I am amazed it worked at all before.

Blog Entries
    Something like that happen to me. However I told HD and he took one look and said it would help if you thread it right. :oops: I missed threading it through the take up lever, how I did that I don't know. So it happen :wink: live and learn. :D

I had lots of problems with my Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter when I first got it and even drove 60 miles to have the dealer look at it. Then I decided to get the instruction book and read it carefully--very carefully--and discovered the bobbin had to be put in with the thread going over to the back and it started working perfectly!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast