Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am getting one!!

Congrats! All of you are going to have a blast!

Congrats! Couple of suggestions...The first is to get a set or two of zippers for the leaders (or maybe look at Sharon Schamber's website (also on youtube) for how she does her velcro leaders. That way if one of you has a quilt on the machine, and someone else needs to use it...you can just unzip or otherwise easily remove your quilt & let the other person use it. I got my zippers at zipperstop.com (whole lot cheaper than buying the packaged ones from a quilt shop). You already have the 2nd suggestion...get training. It will take practice, practice and then some more practice. Overall...enjoy that you have family to share your quilting with...like many others...I am the only one in my family who sews/quilts. SIL used to...but I just finished quilting 14 quilt tops for her. Says just not interested any more...maybe later (probably not)...even gave me most of her stash...sign that she's not going to quilt any longer for certain.
    My two daughters aren't interested & live in different states from us...so, do enjoy working together.

Quote Originally Posted by carly View Post
    Mom,Sister and I just bought HQ 18 yesterday. I am so excited, we will be getting it Tuesday. We will be having so much fun. DH is also going to take classes with us. I can't stop doing the happy dance.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot V3 automated quilter
    https://www.facebook.com/campbellsquiltingbymarge

Fun,Fun, Fun,.....if you live near Reading,Pa. I'll gladly play too !!
    lp

How nice!!!

Good for you! I'll join in on your Happy Dance just because I love it when people are happy!
    MacThayer

Congratulations! Have fun. You will enjoy doing your own quilts. Great your whole family will be able to quilt together and make great memories!!

How exciting! I'm doing the happy dance for you!

Happy dance, happy dance. Have you decided what your first project will be? And who gets the pleasure of keeping it? Be sure to post pictures. BTW, with so many long arms on the market, what was the reason (s) you chose the HQ18?
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    This is why I wished I lived closer to my family ( not one member within 550 miles) So we could co-op a machine.
    I'm in the same boat as Lori S. I think one of the reasons my sister wants me to move back to Oklahoma is so she can have access to my quilting machine.
    jlm5419-an Okie back in Oklahoma!
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Dee
    Sew happy for all of you.Happy Stitching making beautiful memories.

Congratulations. It will be a learning curve so buy some muslin for practice or some printed quilt tops. Don't buy every gadget until you find what type work you will like. My favorites are a short (4-6" ruler), one long ruler, and the Versa Tool by handi quilter. Don't be afraid, relax, and breathe when you are quilting. (Those were hard for me to learn) Remember, to have fun while you are at it. The best practice for me was to purchase a large dry-erase board and to practice drawing on that until I felt more consistent. It is actually easier for me to quilt than to draw so give that a try. Pantographs are fun too so give those a try. Some like them and some don't. You will love it and congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by carly View Post
    Mom,Sister and I just bought HQ 18 yesterday. I am so excited, we will be getting it Tuesday. We will be having so much fun. DH is also going to take classes with us. I can't stop doing the happy dance.
    Awesome - good for you! We all need Happy dances in our life!
    Love 4 stchen

Happy dance for you. You will have a great time with it, woohoo! Congratulations
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    I live in central illinois in a very small town called Dwight. When in illinois do you live? There is a lady in bloomington that has a shop and she rents her longarm out.

Congratulations and welcome to the Handi Quilter family! I too, have the Avante 18. Love it and love the company. They have the best customer service!! Be sure to go on their website and submit your MY HQ STORY contest. I was one of the winners for the 2011 year and we had a blast and were given a free retreat (3 day class) and tons of free items to use with our machine! Enter the contest, everyone has a chance to win!! Good luck!!
    Wenda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2