Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for a Pattern!

PREFERABLY a free one - on line. 'did a search and came out empty! It is the one on my avatar OR I accidentally found the ad on a 2006 issue back cover of QNL. It says Venetian Glass - I see V Tiles, - not it. Quilt is by Patti Carey - no luck there either. Thanks ro all you Sherlocks out there! =====================talk about a needle in a haystack!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorry I tried!! Can't find it either. Went to QNL hoping to find it by pattern name or creator, didn't work either.

I blew up the pattern trying to see the piecing, but it looks like its only 2 different size pieces of the same design. From what my computer shows me.

I hope you have luck in finding it. You're right about having alot of Sherlock's on this board. What a great bunch of people.

According to her website, someone was looking for a pattern and this was the response:

This Userre: searching for pattern

You might be able to reach Patti by email at Northcott: [email protected]
    Jan 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM

It's worth a try! The website is: http://www.quiltmaker.com/articles/Patti_Carey

Blog Entries
    Sorry, but I don't know where you would locate the pattern. I just wanted to tell you how much I like the quilt!! ;-) Good luck!!

If nothing else works, try printing it out, enlarging one large and one small section and drawing them out. It appears to be a fairly simple pattern. It's one I haven't seen before but I like it.

Thank you - I just emailed her! Wish me luck!

i think it is a honeycomb

%$#@ - I just had my email kick back to me - said they couldn't find the address-------------------------

I tried to email and mine came back too!

http://www.carolinashoresquiltguild....rs_Guild_4.htm

Maybe you can follow up here some how and find it.

Carol B

Quote Originally Posted by ctack2
    http://www.carolinashoresquiltguild....rs_Guild_4.htm

Maybe you can follow up here some how and find it.

Carol B
    Thanks - I just tried to email the guild because Kathleen Ball was the one who made the quilt! Thanks again - cross your fingers!

If I had to guess I would say it was English Paper pieced with a bunch of Y seams, because the triís on the ends do not seem to be pieced, and they are sometimes irregular like I see in a grandmotherís garden EPP quilt. You could make 2 templates and just start piecing!! Looks like a fun quilt actually, hmmmm maybe Iíll give it a try too! Looks like the angles are 90 degrees Ö. I bet someone with EQ could make the pieces for us (hint hint :)) Iíll give it a whirl on paper when I get home Ö

Rachel

Yes, now that I look at it more, I am positive it is EPP, if you look carefully, itís basically a grandmotherís garden that has no path and with 2 sides of the hexie elongated. Actually if you have a grandmotherís garden pattern, you could make templates for this on your own, just trace the shape, draw straight lines extending the shape on two lines (use a ruler, so they are straight), then trace the edge of the shape at the end of the elongated lines. Make 2, one with shorter sides. Piece in the same way as grandmother's flower garden and walah, pretty quilt!

Rachel

ETA You'd obviously just change the coloring from a grandmother's garden so you wouldn't get the flower shapes, but rather these lines of light and dark.

Rachel - you are so smart!! It never even crossed my mind!! Are ya going to try one??? Please do!!

It looks like fun!!! It is on my 'someday' list LOL :) I have a few projects to finish up, but this would be a great scrap quilt, so I may make it on the side. How about you? Now that you know how, will you give it a go?

Rachel

I am scratching my head wondering if there was an easier way - I DO love that quilt! Thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    I have seen those elongated paper pieces on an online store... I have tried searching for it and can't find it again... They sold those shapes in various sized pkgs.

I also think they had free patterns there for the pieces they sold :wink: Maybe someone else will be more sucessful than me :D:D:D

Oh amma!!!!!!!!!!!Were they English Paper Piecing?? If you think of it, please let me know!! Thanks!

They have a coloring page for download at
    http://www.connectingthread.com for the honeycomb part of it. So without going back and looking I would guess they would sell the paper piece templates.
    Looks to me to be a honeycomb with the little squares put in between the rows of honeycomb.
    Carol B

I just printed it out - thanks Carol B!

stitchinwitch I have download this patter from a web site that was in a mag I will look for it and let you know

Northcott is the site you want I have the Venetain stained glass collection by Ro Gregg quilted by Patti Carey I hope that helps.

ok I check the site they no longer have the pattern that I could find.
    If you would like a copy of mine I can try and send it to you on here or mail you a color copy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast