Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am looking for something that might be impossible to find anymore >

I am looking for something that might be impossible to find anymore

I am looking for something that might be impossible to find anymore

Old 08-08-2015, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

My sister bought the kit for the car quilt over a year ago. She has yet to start it.

And, yes I agree, Tartan is amazing! She has helped so many here.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by elnan View Post
I think what you are looking for is:
"the OREGON PEDDLER
Lighthouse & Covered Bridge Quilt Blocks
P. O. Box 241
Sixes, Oregon 97476"

Oh yes this is it. Come to think on it I bought the others at Forget Me Knots in Bandon. I will make a trip to see if they can get me what I need. Thanks. And where on the net did you find this info...I searched for hours and found nothing.

or "Oregon Covered Bridges - Designs by J. Marie Norris" , also from Oregon Peddler, same address. They come in Navy or Brown.
OH yes this is it....thanks so much. I
Old 08-08-2015, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
OH yes this is it....thanks so much. I
Oops the post got cut off...I believe I found the original blocks at Forget Me Knots in Bandon...I think I will make a trip to see if they can get me what I want. Thanks a bunch....and oh where did you find this information? I searched the web for hours and found nothing.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:08 AM

I'm always thrilled to see how willing everyone is to help out a quilter with their knowledge and time. Life is so face-paced and often de-personalized that it does the heart good to see folks supporting and reaching out to others.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I have the Oregon Trail blocks...still to be put into a creation, so yes, I know what you're talking about. How did you use yours...did you make other blocks to surround them or...?? I didn't see the covered bridges or the lighthouses. The quilt shop I bought my Oregon Trail blocks from was the Newport, Oregon, shop. If they are still there, you could contact them and see if they know anything. They used to carry a lot of local interest items.
Yes, I agree with lindaschipper about Tartan's knowledge! She is just amazing!!
I have been just bordering them with coordinating fabrics. I found some covered bridge fabric with panels and an all over print so wanted to do some thing more adventurous for the bridges. I will take some prints of the tops later today so you can see what I did, but really they are very simple.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 AM

have PM'd you. I did find these Oregon Covered Bridges blocks in color at TheArtofTheQuilt.net Choose Shop, then from the -drop-down menu you can see them.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

GREAT quilt design AZ Jane. Can't wait to see the photos of the finished quilt.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:35 AM

Some of these links are lovely - thanks for posting !
Old 08-09-2015, 03:42 AM

Kellen46, thanks for letting me know how you used your blocks. Pictures would be helpful. The Oregon Trail blocks need way more to make a quilt size. Maybe I'll make a runner for the foot of the bed. Hmm...
Tessagin, that quilt is gorgeous! It's so fun to see embroidery coming back and being used in quilts! Nice work! Agree that a copper color would be better than flat brown.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
I have some printed quilt blocks that are line drawings of Oregon Light houses, blue lines on white, and a set of Oregon trail line drawings, brown on white. I thought I had a set of Oregon covered bridges, line drawn pictures on muslin. These are sort of like illustrations from a book. I cannot find the covered bridges I thought I had, I have done the light houses and Oregon trail quilts and wanted the covered bridges as well. It does not have to be Oregon covered bridges, just covered bridges in general. All I can find are painted full color ones...anyone understand what I am talking about? I have googled until I am blue and cannot find them...somewhere is a set languishing in a stash....can anyone help me find them?
I located these on Ebay, www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=covered bridge quilt pattern.
There are 12 blocks, Good Luck to You.