Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am thingking about >

I am thingking about

I am thingking about

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM

getting a new singer sewing machine. Has anyone out there have a 7469q confidence quilter or a 7436 injenuity singer machine. New your views please.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Why Singer??? Most people prefer other brands in that same price category.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

I have the Singer Quantum. I have never had any problems at all in the years I have had it. It's very quiet and sews perfect stitches. When I take it to quilt classes or workshops every one comments on the quietness of it. I would not buy the Singers at discount stores an expect the best of Singer. If you need a less expensive quality machine, Sears is the best option.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 AM

They have those and huskvarna at joanns. the confidence is coming on sale and has most features that I need. Can't afford the bernina etc. which I would really like.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM

I have the Singer 7469q Confidence. My DH bought it for me last year. I love it! I know there are supposedly better brands but for me they are just names. My Singer is quiet, fast and does everything I need it to do. I do garment construction as well as quilting and there hasn't been anything I wanted to do that my machine couldn't. In the last year I've made jeans and numerous other garments, upholstered a chair, made 2 quilts and other things I've forgotten. It gets used almost every day and has needed nothing but cleaned and oiled.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 AM

I had another model Singer and I sold it after I bought a higher end machine. I sure miss my Singer. I may even have the opportunity to buy it back. Won't hubby be so happy? :)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM

So you haven't had any problems with it? There were some reviews on the singer site for this model and most were bad. This will be the last machine I will be able to get so am worried a little. I know that 5 reviews are not that much considering how many of these machines are out there.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

I have a 7430 that I bought over 3 years ago.
It has been a great machine! It sews a great stitch, I love the extra decorative ones, it feeds fabric in very nice and straight.
I can easily find the extra feet I wanted for it at very reasonable prices. I can move my needle and get the perfect 1/4 or scant 1/4" seam. :D:D:D

Here is my philosophy...
I paid a little over $300 for the machine.
I keep the bobbin area VERY clean, checking it at every other bobbin change, and the machine does not require being oiled.
I do NOT stitch over pins or anything that could damage my machine.
I have NEVER taken her into a shop to be serviced.

I have saved $210+ in not taking it in to have it serviced, come spring I will save another $70+ if I choose to not take it in again... We shall see when the time comes :D
It will have paid for itself at that time :wink:
Any extra years that I get out of her will be a bonus :D:D:D

This works for me, and when she does quit working? I will most likely go and find another one comparable to her :D:D:D
Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kittycats
So you haven't had any problems with it? There were some reviews on the singer site for this model and most were bad. This will be the last machine I will be able to get so am worried a little. I know that 5 reviews are not that much considering how many of these machines are out there.
I bought a Singer (not your model) from HSN and after I paid for it I read the reviews. There sure were alot of bad reviews! I worried and worried about it until I got it. I've had it 4 months now, sew on it daily and have had NO problems! I love it. I've used Singers all my sewing life both old and new and love all of them.

I say, get what you want and can afford (that's what I did--I got more features with the Singer than the other models for the price). If you don't like it, send it back--that's what the other nay sayers did!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I have a 7430 that I bought over 3 years ago.
It has been a great machine! It sews a great stitch, I love the extra decorative ones, it feeds fabric in very nice and straight.
I can easily find the extra feet I wanted for it at very reasonable prices. I can move my needle and get the perfect 1/4 or scant 1/4" seam. :D:D:D

Here is my philosophy...
I paid a little over $300 for the machine.
I keep the bobbin area VERY clean, checking it at every other bobbin change, and the machine does not require being oiled.
I do NOT stitch over pins or anything that could damage my machine.
I have NEVER taken her into a shop to be serviced.

I have saved $210+ in not taking it in to have it serviced, come spring I will save another $70+ if I choose to not take it in again... We shall see when the time comes :D
It will have paid for itself at that time :wink:
Any extra years that I get out of her will be a bonus :D:D:D

This works for me, and when she does quit working? I will most likely go and find another one comparable to her :D:D:D
Amen Amma!!!!!!!!!!