Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina. >

I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina.

I am visiting Greenville, South Carolina.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM

I will be spending the weekend in Greenville, South Carolina. Are there any quilt shops that I should not miss? Thanks,
Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 PM

I am not familiar what that area but have a great time on your trip.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM

You are about one hour from THE FABULOUS Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC! This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity. Hope you have ground transportation and time. I believe that they open at 9am and close at 5. Closed on Sunday. They are on the web (to double check the hours and get address) but the store is fabulous with great prices and selection.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM

You are about one hour from THE FABULOUS Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC! This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity. Hope you have ground transportation and time. I believe that they open at 9am and close at 5. Closed on Sunday. They are on the web (to double check the hours and get address) but the store is fabulous with great prices and selection.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Amen to Mary Jo's
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 PM

You HAVE to go to Mary Jo's ... really you HAVE to go! Just fabulous..
Old 07-27-2011, 02:05 AM

Yes ,Maryjo's is a must. That is if you have the time. It will be the Cox Rd. exit.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM

Take I 85 North from Greenville, SC to the Gastonia, NC Cox Road Exit. You can see MJ's on your right coming off the exit. It's in the Gaston Mall which Mary Jo partly owns (last I heard). It's that easy and I hope you have lots of time but even if you don't, you will love it. For quilting cottons, head toward the back left of the store and dive in!
Also, if you need to coordinate with fabric you already have, don't forget it. You will be sick if you do because you WILL find it there and less expensive than elsewhere. Just check at the desk on the way in. You will have to anyway to get a yardage ticket and basket before you start shopping.
I am traveling 6 hours to get there on Thursday because they stay open late then or I would be so jealous of your opportunity. If you go, BELIEVE ME, it won't be your last trip!
If you use lots of thread and have time, check out Long Creek Mills at 108 South Webb St also in Gastonia. There web address is www.longcreekmills.com and their prices are awesome.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM

You HAVE to go to Mary Jo's. They have absolutely everything any sewer could want. It's an opportunity not to be missed. I don't know about any quilt shops in Greenville, but you could do a Google search. I believe there's a quilt shop in Central, SC (about 40 miles from Greenville close to Clemson) but I don't know if it is still open or not. I think there's a quilt shop locator app for the Iphone and Droid phone but I don't own one of those phones so of course I don't have the app either. Enjoy your trip and let us know what you find!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM

Phannie1 I live right outside of Clemson and as far as I know Heirlooms and Comforts is still going strong in Central. They also have a sister store in Greenville called Viking Sew & Quilt. I haven't had chance to visit the Central store in a while but it used to very nice with people that didn't mind helping or answering questions.

http://www.heirloomsandcomforts.net/

I hope you enjoy your visit to our area.

Jo