Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought a accuquilt cotter yesterday..already returned it. >

I bought a accuquilt cotter yesterday..already returned it.

I bought a accuquilt cotter yesterday..already returned it.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

I haven't had one bit of trouble with my Go. Did you ask to try a new die at the store to see if that was the problem? Or it could have been the fabric. I have had some loose weave thin fabrics get distorted and then I knew the fabric wasn't good enough to put in a quilt.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Just wondering....did you use the plastic that you place on the fabric? I have tons and tons of dies love them all. I only put a couple of layers on since it is easier to crack though...I love, love it...
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Me too...haven't used it much but when I do love it...Have to find time to start cutting the tumblers...When I had no electric for a wk (last wk) I sat and cut 5 inch and 2 1;2 inch sqs and made piles from my scraps...
Old 09-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I love mine- No problems here.. I have most if not all the dies.. I know the NEW dies need a breaking in period, but after a few run thru's mine cuts great.. Sorry you had such an issue, to bad..
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM

I love mine!!! I have a 5 inch square die that cuts 6 at a time. I made my own charm packs from my stash. Money saver....time saver...and gives me something to do when the power goes out. ; )
Originally Posted by Crqltr
I was so disappointed in it. It would not cut all the way thru the layers. I tried two, four and six layers and it was the same. When I tried to take the blocks off the pulled strings and made run lines. Also had rough edges, not clean like with rotary blade. I took some of the blocks with me, she looked at them and returned my money. No hassle about trying a new one.
make your own charm packs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252218[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252212.jpe  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 PM

i have one and love it, yes i did have that problem with one of the dies and i called accuquilt company and they replaced the die , have not had a problem with the new die
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 PM

You cannot beat the customer service with Accuquilt! I've had to have a couple of dies replaced because they weren't cutting correctly or were bent. They sent me replacements and I didnt even have to send the other one back. I definately think you got a bad die. Wish you wouldn't have given up on it so quickly. . ..