Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought the mini sew janomes and need help! >

I bought the mini sew janomes and need help!

I bought the mini sew janomes and need help!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
  #1  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default I bought the mini sew janomes and need help!

My dgd and I got ready for her to sew this morning and I couldn't find and on/off switch anywhere!!!
I have one for her sister, so I opened hers up, (I bought them from two different dealers online), neither of them have any kind of papers or a book or anything.
Just the adapter for electricity and the foot pedal and some small notions.
So I have no phone number or anything.
I have a book to teach her about sewing, but I was going to show her all the parts of the machine with the owner's manual.
I've never bought anything electrical that didn't come with a manual.
If you have one of these machines, please tell me how to turn it on! Plugging it in doesn't do it!
I am stumped
Mousie is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:15 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
HilaryK8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 102
Default

http://products.howstuffworks.com/no...uctId=42896089

This says to use the foot pedal to start.
HilaryK8 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Lois-nounoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 416
Default

I bought an iron that has no on/off switch! It turns on when you plug it in and off when you set it upright! Then you just turn in down to iron and it comes back on! Don't understand it but it works great! LOL
Lois-nounoe is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
  #4  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default

Originally Posted by HilaryK8 View Post
http://products.howstuffworks.com/no...uctId=42896089

This says to use the foot pedal to start.
Thank you so much. I didn't try that bc the "light" never came on
Mousie is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 PM
  #5  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe View Post
I bought an iron that has no on/off switch! It turns on when you plug it in and off when you set it upright! Then you just turn in down to iron and it comes back on! Don't understand it but it works great! LOL
oh, that would be scary to me! I definitely need to know if my iron is on!
Thanks you guys for answering
Now if I could just get a copy of the manual...
Mousie is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Liz92B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 308
Default

plug and go ... have you seen the two youtube videos - part 1 setting up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwEvMTv2xVg); part 2 threading (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLI4E...feature=relmfu)
Liz92B is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
  #7  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default

Originally Posted by Liz92B View Post
plug and go ... have you seen the two youtube videos - part 1 setting up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwEvMTv2xVg); part 2 threading (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLI4E...feature=relmfu)
this is a huge help. my dgd is here and we just watched the videos together. Thank you so much!!!
Mousie is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Krisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan
Posts: 1,616
Default

You can download the manual on the website. This should take you there.

http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...cialty/SewMini

If it doesn't, go to the website. Click on machines. Click on the category. Click on the mini. Find the specifications tab, click on that. Download the manual.
Krisb is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
  #9  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default

WOO HOO! I'm on my way now. DGD is 8 and she is catching on like flies stick to honey
Mousie is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 AM
  #10  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,628
Default

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
You can download the manual on the website. This should take you there.

http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...cialty/SewMini

If it doesn't, go to the website. Click on machines. Click on the category. Click on the mini. Find the specifications tab, click on that. Download the manual.
got it, kris! thank you sew much!
Mousie is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
lots2do
Main
25
03-02-2013 01:51 PM
ejpkam
Main
85
03-02-2013 08:06 AM
Binnyboops
Main
13
07-19-2012 03:02 PM
kwilter11
Main
51
09-07-2011 07:40 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.