Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I can't believe I have a 7700!!!

Oh, my gosh, today I bought a Janome Horizon MemoryCraft 7700QCP!!! We just set it up and that is one awsomely beautiful machine! I went to the quilt store with the idea of buying a 6500 or 6600, but when I saw this beautiful creature sitting there I fell in love with it. I haven't sewn a stitch yet on mine ... however I did demo one in the store. I'm going to read the manual and watch the CD tonight then tackle the operation tomorrow when my brain is fresh. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

I am soooo jealous! Congratulations!

Congratulations, I hope you love this machine. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any concerns. I have a Janome 6500 and am wondering if I should be trading it in. I'm tempted but haven't stitched on a Horizon yet. Did you buy the table to set it up in? I don't think this would make a good portable machine and I can't imagine taking it out to classes. I would like to hear some info from owners before I go and buy one.

Congratulations on getting your new machine.

Enjoy your new friend.

Green is the color I am, enjoy

This is a huge step up from my 30 year old Kenmore, which still works great, by the way. But after starting to hand quilt a queen size quilt I decided I didn't want to hand quilt one that large. I am so impressed with the 11" throat space of this 7700. It seems very intuitive and easy to use and the manual is very straight-forward. I'll let you know more after I play with it.

If you own a 30 year old kenmore that works great, keep it forever. I bought a Kenmore in 1978... it was a super lemon from the start. I used to borrow my neighbors Kenmore that was 20 years old at that time.... I loved her Kenmore. It only sewed forward and backward... no zig zag. The stitches were perfect, no matter the thickness of the fabric. From heavy denim to light chiffon, the stitches were flat and beautiful. Even the basting stitches didn't pucker. She lost it in a move out of State. Weird because it was not a portable machine, it was a piece of furniture. Perhaps the movers misplaced it.

Blog Entries
    I hope you enjoy the Horizon! I can't imagine giving a 6500 up though!

Congrats on your new baby. Have fun tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    I am Green with Envy...Congratulations...enjoy your new baby!!!

Congratulations on your new machine. I've had mine a couple of months and love it. I also came from a nearly 30 year old machine...a Janome, which I kept. What a difference :)

Quote Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    Congratulations on your new machine. I've had mine a couple of months and love it. I also came from a nearly 30 year old machine...a Janome, which I kept. What a difference :)
    I just found out yesterday that Janome makes Sears, so that's probably one reason I feel comfortable with the 7700 .... everything is in the same place. I don't know if Sears made Janome back in the early 80's, but my Kenmore has been a good machine and I'll definitely hang on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    Congratulations, I hope you love this machine. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any concerns. I have a Janome 6500 and am wondering if I should be trading it in. I'm tempted but haven't stitched on a Horizon yet. Did you buy the table to set it up in? I don't think this would make a good portable machine and I can't imagine taking it out to classes. I would like to hear some info from owners before I go and buy one.
    I'm not sure I'd want to lug the 7700 to classes, although my dealer carries the rolling bags for transport which I will definitely put on my Christmas list. I've never had time to go to classes ... maybe some day when I'm really retired. I am able to lift it without much difficulty and I had a spinal fusion a year ago.

I didn't get a table yesterday because I have a sturdy desk I use for sewing and figured I could add to table in the future if I want it. I had a little time to play with it last night and am very pleased so far. I was told that this 7700 has all the same features as the 6500 plus more. And it has that wonderful 11" throat space which totally sold me. I'm to the point in my life that convenience and comfort makes a huge difference and I'm willing to pay more to get it! I'm still consulting part time and have the money to do it now, so why not? :-) Off to work now ... I'll play more with it later today.

Ohhhhh. I would love to have one of those. I have a Janome with a nine inch throat area and I am always surprised at what I can squish into that space and quilt. Eleven inches! What a great machine!
    JulieM

Congratulations, you'll be very happy. I love my 7700. You'll need to get used to putting on the Accufeed feet. Clumsy at first, but it will become second nature in no time. Make sure to get the 1/4" foot and the ditchquilting foot too. They will come in handy, although not cheap.

Also, make sure to register your product on Janomewarranty.com so you will get the new upgraded regular 1/4" foot that works better with the feeddogs on this machine. It is free and will be mailed to you within a couple of months.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    So exciting to get a new machine!! :D
    Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
    Congratulations, you'll be very happy. I love my 7700. You'll need to get used to putting on the Accufeed feet. Clumsy at first, but it will become second nature in no time. Make sure to get the 1/4" foot and the ditchquilting foot too. They will come in handy, although not cheap.

Also, make sure to register your product on Janomewarranty.com so you will get the new upgraded regular 1/4" foot that works better with the feeddogs on this machine. It is free and will be mailed to you within a couple of months.
    I just registered my machine online thanks to your tip. The dealer didn't mention that, but it may be covered in the manual. I can't imagine having another foot, though, as the thing came with 17 different feet! I have no idea what they are for ... hopefully I can take a class after the holidays. I've been sewing with the walking foot and am really impressed at how it walks across a quilt with thick wool batting without any wrinkles. I love it!

Congrats!!!

Sew happy for you!!!!

Santa keeps forgetting to bring mine. I think it must be too heavy for him. LOL

:)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tip...how would I know if the one that came wiyh it is the new one or old one?

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    Thanks for the tip...how would I know if the one that came wiyh it is the new one or old one?

The old 1/4'' foot has the letter O on it, the new one is called O2. Happy New Year, and have fun!!! It's a lovely machine.