Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I can't find it!

I'm working on the Civil War Tribute quilt. Unfortunately, I don't always work on things when I should. I'm just now working on month 6. For this installment you make 4 of the same block. I've been working on this for 2 days. I could have sworn I'd made 2. Today I made another for a total of 3 right? Wrong! I seem to have lost one! I still have only 2! I work in a rather small area, can't find it. I've even grilled my kids. I usually loose small things, crochet hooks, scissors, seam rippers. Has anyone else ever lost blocks ?

Blog Entries
    I have lost a whole quilt top before LOL :oops:

Blog Entries
    Yes, it usually turns up, after you make another.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Yep, the quilt goblins come and take them. When you make another, the lost block is replaced. You can hear the giggling if you listen really hard!
    You can save the extra block for a matching pillow!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I lost my rotary cutter, couldn't find it for 2 weeks. I even cleaned my little sewing area really good and nothing. Then one day I sat down to do some sewing and moved a small piece of fabric out of my way and there they were. So when you quit looking for the block it will show up.

The poltergeist did it.

It is part of a huge world wide conspiracy to make us all think we are crazy. At least that is my theory.

I was doing a Wedding Quilt last year which used 2 Jelly Rolls, as I got half way through I realised I was getting short of fabric. I had only used 1 Jelly Roll but could I find the other?? Off to LQS to buy another JR but no luck discontinued!! So bought more yardage that blended, and eventually got quilt finished and handed over to the bride and groom. Few days later start clearing sewing room ready for next project first thing I moved was the missing Jelly Roll!!!! No one else goes in there so it must have been hidden by the Quilt Goblin. Oh well 1 Jelly Roll and matching fabrics for another Quilt!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    LOL..I thought I was the only person to loose quilt squares. I was working on a lap quilt and I had all of the blocks completed. I went to sew them together and two were gone. DUH...still haven't found them..
    Happy Quilting,

I have the opposite problem. I once had a shirt show up in the dryer that did not belong to anyone living in the house. I had a rotary cutter show up. (it's now my favorite...)

I have this personal theory about how the dryer creates this wormhole vortex that sucks socks and other things through it... :P

It will "show" up as soon as you stop looking for it! :lol:

Blog Entries
    It drives me nuts when I loose things espically when I havent moved. Usually turns up as soon as you give up.
    I sure hope yours turns up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
    Yep, the quilt goblins come and take them. When you make another, the lost block is replaced. You can hear the giggling if you listen really hard!
    You can save the extra block for a matching pillow!!
    LOL @ the giggling!

I agree with everyone, I am to make a challenge quilt. I had the pattern for the applique and do you think I could find it. After1 week of looking all over, it appears in the project box that I had it last. Funny how the mind is the first to go. :)

Mine is usually under some fabric somewhere or on the floor.

Yes I usually find them in a kids room moonlighting as a doll blanket. My scissors seem to grow legs and walk away also!

I usually blame the cats!

Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    I have the opposite problem. I once had a shirt show up in the dryer that did not belong to anyone living in the house. I had a rotary cutter show up. (it's now my favorite...)

I have this personal theory about how the dryer creates this wormhole vortex that sucks socks and other things through it... :P
    We had that too! My 17 yr old son who is very fit and trim, size 32x32 pants found a pair of size 54 swim trunks in his room! No one and I mean no one in our family wears that size! Where did they come from? Don't know, but had some fun with them.

Blog Entries
    I understand! Fabric doesn't make any sound when it falls.

Yesterday I lost two little pieces. They might have stuck to my clothes and fell off into the 'john'. But for sure they are not on my kitchen floor or table. I sew on the table. I gave up on finding the fabric.

P.S. Dear St. Anthony Please come around, something is lost and can't be found. works about 99% of the time.