Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I could make more quilts if... >

I could make more quilts if...

I could make more quilts if...

Old 07-02-2011, 07:19 AM

Retirement is a wonderful thing. And I live alone so the cooking and cleaning are easy. I do make the bed, though.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
...if I had a sugar daddy to support me in a manner to which I'd like to take a try at becoming accustomed to! Oh, yeah, and if I didn't also have to do that silly cooking/cleaning/working thing. i would get TONS more done!!! :lol: :lol:
LOL Just this week told the BF I needed a sugar daddy!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:35 AM

It is so frustrating to start some work in my sewing room then DH wants this or that, or the phone rings or its time to cook, or do my daily visit to Grandpa at the nursing home. Or the door bell rings and its my never stop talking older gentleman neighbor. Why is it that as soon as you sit down to work on something in the sewing room this stuff starts happening. GRRRRR But daily chores and life have to be taken care of first. Even though I'm a quilter/sewer I can change, if I have to. LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

I didn't get married to cook and clean up after DH. I could do that without adding another person to do it for. No DD of mine was raised to think to get married meant she was expected to be the main cook and housekeeper. Everyone over eight years old should not expect maid service from mom. To not have the time to do something I enjoy doing would be stifling to me and for what end? To wash another load of someone's dirty laundry? Cook another adult's meal? I don't think so.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 AM

We just need to know how to make the day longer than 24 hours!! (LOL)
Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fishnlady
It is so frustrating to start some work in my sewing room then DH wants this or that, or the phone rings or its time to cook, or do my daily visit to Grandpa at the nursing home. Or the door bell rings and its my never stop talking older gentleman neighbor. Why is it that as soon as you sit down to work on something in the sewing room this stuff starts happening. GRRRRR But daily chores and life have to be taken care of first. Even though I'm a quilter/sewer I can change, if I have to. LOL
hahaha...I told my BFF who lives way over in MS..that my butt must have a buzzer in it..cuz as soon as I hit the sewing room chair, she calls, or the doorbell rings, or the dogs want out..it is always something....
Old 07-02-2011, 08:54 AM

I had a quilting friend that used to call and talk to me for HOURS while SHE quilted. I finally got smart and had my own project ready to work on when she called (every day).

We called it our Phone Bee.

Kathryn Kistner in Texas, who's now saying,
"Three hours of dedicated sewing time... each and every day... makes a BIG dent in the UFO's."

P.S. She joined a regular bee, and no longer has time for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiskat
I had a quilting friend that used to call and talk to me for HOURS while SHE quilted. I finally got smart and had my own project ready to work on when she called (every day).

We called it our Phone Bee.

Kathryn Kistner in Texas, who's now saying,
"Three hours of dedicated sewing time... each and every day... makes a BIG dent in the UFO's."

P.S. She joined a regular bee, and no longer has time for me.
Funny! I usually let phone calls go to voice mail or answering machine if it isn't DH or the kids calling. And even then sometimes I let the machine handle them. LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Yes, I have given up on that cleaning/cooking thing.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM

What keeps me from quilting, besides the cooking, cleaning, etc., is keeping up with a 4 yr old great-grandson we are raising(at mid to late 60's).
Watch out when he starts school in mid August. Yea!!! and will be in child care after the morning session of Kindergarden.