Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did a crazy thing tonight and counted all my work in categories oh my >

I did a crazy thing tonight and counted all my work in categories oh my

I did a crazy thing tonight and counted all my work in categories oh my

Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 AM

The red poppies would have an excellent home here!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 AM

When I start thinking about the unfinished projects I get really nervous and can't seem to focus on finishing anything and then I start something new. I need to just finish one project at a time and then move on to the next one. I have several that only need the borders or have the blocks done and just need to be put together. Next years goal is to finish these quilts or at least get tops made from them. Then if I need a quilt for someone it would be easier to get one done if the top is made.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 AM

Well, look at it this way, you are way ahead of the game when you need a gift in a moment's notice.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:13 AM

I can't imagine having so much finished work just lying around the studio. It'd be like baking 22 dozen pies and just putting them all over the kitchen. Is that how you store it all or was that just for the tally? Why is none of that stuff listed on either of your Etsy shops?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:49 PM

I have done some of that, I just keep making things, silly me. This stuff has containers, I was just curious as I really had no idea how much there really was. Now all I can say is YIKES. My dream is an agent.

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I would look into a spot that you could do a show/sale of your great work. See if you can do it in conjunction with an painter or woodworker in an art gallery. You would never get what they are worth at a craft show or bazaar. Be on they lookout for some huge storage bins that come on sale after the holidays. You can pack them away until you can find a venue?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM

I just finished doing the Farmers market for the season, which I love, I find it to be a pain to have it on etsy and be taking it out at the same time. I will slowly be moving some of it to my web site, more then etsy. I do not store it on the living room floor, I really wanted to know what I had.

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I can't imagine having so much finished work just lying around the studio. It'd be like baking 22 dozen pies and just putting them all over the kitchen. Is that how you store it all or was that just for the tally? Why is none of that stuff listed on either of your Etsy shops?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM

I'm with katigirl, you can gift me with whatever! lol, great job!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM

I knew you made art quilts but I didn't know you made all these other things as well. So many beautiful pieces there in your pictures. I wish I could be as productive as you, I'd be happy to just have one stack of quilts sitting somewhere in my home. Best wishes with your sale!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Now why would you want to torture yourself that way? On the bright side, you know what needs to be fiinished now!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Oh, I so want to just dig into the pile of quilts and ooh and ahhh over each one of them, they all look so exciting and mysterious and exotic, even. It is like seeing a Fons and Porter magazine all done up in plastic and you can't see whats in it. Same with all of those baskets, look so interesting and I can't get up close and personal to really see what they look like.